Discuss Balancing heating system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys

I'm trying to Balance my heating system to get the best out of it but looking for some advice.

I've gone round and opened the lockshield to give 12 degrees between flow and return pipes and seems plenty of heats coming off the rads

Then once it's all cooled down turned the heating back on and find some rads are taking a lot longer to heat up than others. So I close the lockshield quarter a turn which seems to help the rads not warming up.

The rads that was heating up first are hot to touch but not much heat coming off them.

Any advice would be appreciated as what ever i do can't seem to win lol

Croppies got a great link for balancing. I'll give him a nudge for you.

Somewhere anyway. Not tried attaching it from the tablet....

Hang one.

Give him time slacky. It's Tuesday night, bath night in the croppie house. He'll be back.

Sorry mate lol. Didn't know if tapatalk shown attachments or I had to view on the desktop site

Last edited:
Just how many Kettles does it take to fill a tin bath (free standing rolled edge of course)?

That depends on the volume of displacement within the bath capacity. Anyone want to guess at croppies volume of displacement in the measurement of pints? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Balancing heating system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have had a problem where 2 downstair radiators are not heating up the same as the rest of the radiators around the house, now previously i had...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have 3 port value for HW & CH. Loft extension added many years ago so they added a T to go upstairs, only 2 rads up but 11 downstairs...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I have a Glowworm Ultimate 35C boiler. It shuts off at its max temp of 60C when heating radiators and the pump carries on running pumping heat...
Replies
Views
I am after an advice, please. We have a vertical radiator from Reina, Evie, that heats up only 2nd column fully, 1,3 and 4 are lukewarm. I...
Replies
Views
Hi All, would appreciate some advice on next steps with conservatory rad. Single conservatory rad not heating up at all, neither pipe getting...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock