Currently reading:
Balancing heating system

Discuss Balancing heating system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys

I'm trying to Balance my heating system to get the best out of it but looking for some advice.

I've gone round and opened the lockshield to give 12 degrees between flow and return pipes and seems plenty of heats coming off the rads

Then once it's all cooled down turned the heating back on and find some rads are taking a lot longer to heat up than others. So I close the lockshield quarter a turn which seems to help the rads not warming up.

The rads that was heating up first are hot to touch but not much heat coming off them.

Any advice would be appreciated as what ever i do can't seem to win lol

the living room and kitchen rads was cold
Thanks for the data.

Do you mean that the living and kitchen rads were literally cold, i.e. flow and return about 20C? If not what were the flow and return temps?

If the temperatures were so low, there is no flow through those rads. This could be caused by either an airlock in the pipes to the rads, or TRVs stuck shut, or by other rads robbing the problem rads of any flow.

Looking at the data:

Bedroom 3 is an anomaly with a flow temp of 75, which is higher than the flow at the boiler (72). All other rads are OK with a flow temp slightly below boiler temp. Are you sure about Bed 3 temps?

There is a large difference in the differentials ranging from 10C (Front Door) to 23C (Bed 2).

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply

Yesterday to get heat to the down stairs rads I turned the bathroom and bedroom 3 trvs off. Turned them back on then started the heating strangely enough all rads are hot even the down stairs ones.

Just checked and the kitchen flow is 64 and return is 55. Living room is 64 flow and 44 Return.

Just checked bedroom 3 flow again it's now 70 and return is 56.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Balancing heating system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
Replies
Views
Ermintrude
E
D
Replies
Views
davevincent
D
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock