Discuss back boiler heating when oil is turned on.. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

taylor2

Hi,

Hope someone can help..
I moved here about three weeks ago, the house has an open fire that heats the radiators and water, also has oil heating..A few days ago we noticed that when the oil is turned on the back boiler gets warm, and makes gurgling noises..
The first few days we used coal and had no problems...
Any ideas??

Sounds like the 2 systems have been linked up and either a valve isn't opening or closing allowing back flow depending on how the systems been set up, or it may just be piped wrong ,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to back boiler heating when oil is turned on.. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi We have a vented oil-fired heating system with a coal fire back boiler, this is going to be changed to a sealed pressurized system tomorrow and...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Have a sytem boiler with unvented cylinder with 2 heating zones plus hot water in a house we moved into recently. To start with we were always...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem...
Replies
Views
Hi, Over the past few months, my wife and I have noticed a constant pulsing sound throughout the house which is particularly noisy at night (this...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a wallstar combi oil fired boiler. We got low on oil a couple of weeks ago but didn't run out. Since we've had our oil delivered...
Replies
Views
Back