Search the forum,

Discuss Average water use per person per day. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

ecowarm

I have a customer whos average water consumption works out at 616 liters per day. She is a pensioner and lives alone but sometimes grand daughter comes to stay. The UK average is 160l per day.

I can find no leaks and the meter does not spin when no taps turned on.

She does water the garden now and then but has a spray gun on hose so it does not run all the time.

In the last 5 days she used 2 cubic meters and only watered the garden once.

Does anyone have their usage to compare?

Eco:confused::confused:

Does she use a bath rather than shower? Say a bath is 700 wide, 1500 long and filled to 400mm. That would be 7x15x4= 420litres.

I would say the average bath filled to an average depth by an average person would on average hold 100-130l of water.

Your spot on with the average usage figures per capita, this lady
is getting through 4x what one would expect + older people tend to use less on average due to lifestyle considerations.

Get her to keep a diary for a few days of what she is doing with the water
and this might help you understand. She might be kidding herself about how much she is doing with the water.

The American average figure is 428 litres per day with garden watering and power showers so she is really going for it.

centralheatking

I am convinced the water meter is faulty but water co. wont believe me. may have to do a measurment some way?

She has a bath but not every day, the shower is out of action has she had a fall and bust the door of its hinges. she has even sugested to me that she does nt flush the loo every time to save water but I told her to flush every time , this is not the problem. It is a staggering amount of water and there will be families using less water.

Last edited by a moderator:
tell them the display is unreadable,they will replace it then

How long has she been in the house, are there any other properties or farm buildings near by, It could well be that another property has tapped her main, ask her if you can turn her water off for a couple off days and then start asking the neighbours if they are without water

Her water use has tripled over 3 years 200...400 and now over 600l per day , got this info from anglian water but she says she is not using anymore.

Water meter right outside bathroom where stop tap is so I can't see it suplies anyone else.

right ho well yer cant argue with that best anglia come out and replace the meter in the mean time pop your own water meter inside the property and do a comparison, it will give you a bit of evidence in the long term

thats way over the top, turnn all outlets off ans watch the meter, is it moving?

the average is around 150 lires day maybe a touch more

Tom when ever I go to look the meter is not moving, had a look today and she has used 1.75 cubic meters since yesterday!!!!!!!! 1750l in 24 hours............... she must turn all taps on full as soon as i walk away to use that much

i know this may sound mad but have you checked to see if its an imperial meter, if it is 1.75 cubic feet would be equal to approx 50 litres which would make more sense, i have had it in the past where bills have been for metric when they should have been in imperial and not converted the difference in 1 cubic foot and 1 cubic meter is 971 litres

just a thought:)

Hi. Swap it over with someone else's for a day or two. May give you info for a judgment. Or have the client checked out at the quacks. She may be suffering with water fall syndrome. Good Luck

i know this may sound mad but have you checked to see if its an imperial meter, if it is 1.75 cubic feet would be equal to approx 50 litres which would make more sense, i have had it in the past where bills have been for metric when they should have been in imperial and not converted the difference in 1 cubic foot and 1 cubic meter is 971 litres

just a thought:)

Its cubic metre meter and the water board have confirmed her usage over the last 3 years. I think next time I go and have look, a camera crews going to jump out the bushes ...............candid camera style:( or rogue traders:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Average water use per person per day. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock