Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Ariston Micro Genus problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Plumber Folk

I've got an Ariston Micro Genus that's about 15 years old and has been faultless... until now!!

A few issues have occurred over the last month. Initially whilst having a shower the flames would cut out in the boiler for about 5 seconds and then kick back in. I like a really hot shower and it only happens when the shower taps are set to a slow flow. If I have a luke warm shower with a faster flow it doesn't cut out.

The other issue that may or may not be related, is that the pressure level started dropping and after refilling on the loop the pressure wouldn't hold for more than a few days. The pressure won't hold for even a few hours now.

If I put the pressure up to 1 bar and turn on the central heating the pressure needle slowly creeps round the clock and I can see water coming out of the drain pipe on the back wall of my house.

On the bit of reading up I did on this forum I can see it may be to do with the pressure vessel. Fixing it seems to involve pulling it out from the top of the combi, mine sits tight to the ceiling so I assume it's a boiler removal job to replace this part!

Any thoughts re cost to repair would be gratefully received. I went through British Gases online quote for a replacement boiler and it calculated it at £3300 fitted. I don't have that sought of cash, my house is tiny with two radiators so I only need a small boiler.

Many thanks in advance.

The best advice would be to contact a local gas safe engineer to take a look for you. Or put an ad here..[DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

We don't discuss pricing of work on the open forum. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ariston Micro Genus problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I am currently having issues with an Ariston Combi A series boiler giving an E08 - "No water in primary circuit" error code, the circuit is...
Replies
Views
I have just had a boiler, hot water tank and power shower pump replaced on advice by my plumber. I have two separate boilers, heat/hotwater...
Replies
Views
When I turn on the shower or bath, initially the pump runs (quite loudly) and only a trickle comes out. I have to alternate turning on the bath...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air...
Replies
Views
M
I have a viessman vitodens 222F combi storage boiler on the ground floor. It has 100l capacity inbuilt cylinder which is delivered on mains...
Replies
Views
Max Hill
M
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock