Discuss Aqualisa Thermostatic Bar Valves in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pritch

Hi there,
trying to help a mate out who has problems with his controls.
Basically, whenever he turns the water off on the control unit, he has to push the control right in to stop the water flowing out of the unit.
Spoken with Aqalisa, who say I need a new valve unit, which is fine.

My questions are :-

Can I use the casings/controls from the existing unit (they were new when the house was built about 13 years ago).

How best do I remove the controls from the valve unit itself, as didn't want to break anything in getting the old ones off.

The valve unit looks straightforward to remove, and assume that its just a case of pushing the existing water inlets into the valve unit?

Never fitted one of these before so any assistance much appreciated.

The unit is the exposed BAR type with the water control on the left side and the mixer control on the right.

Thank you

Thanks Tom but dont have a pic.
Fitting a new valve is what I am trying to do, but hoping someone may know the 'makeup' of these and how easy it is to remove and re-fit the controls, as dont want to change the whole unit, as I'll bet the existing pipework wont fit the new unit.
Besides, customer wants to keep the exsiting set up.

Thanks

Im saying it will be just as easy and not much more expensive to change the whole shower valves itself

Removing and refitting contorls puts you up against an old aged enemy of mr Limescale 13 years strong in your case plus expansion and contraction of the metals

A pic would help me point you in the direction of how to remove the handles then the cartridge

You will need to isolate the shower supplies though

Tom,
reckon your right and good call, though think ÂŁÂŁ's are the issue and mate was looking for a fix rather than a whole new shower system.
I'll try & get a photo over this weekend and post it up.

Thanks again.

measure between the pipes at the back where they go into the shower control should be 150mm give or take which is the standard size. you can get new valves relatively cheaply probably less than new valves for the original one.

measure between the pipes at the back where they go into the shower control should be 150mm give or take which is the standard size. you can get new valves relatively cheaply probably less than new valves for the original one.

agreed as well

All,
firstly thanks ll for your advice, mate has decided to go for a new kit altogether, so should be a case of just removing old one and re-fitting new one.
Yes, will ensure water is off before taking it off the wall.

Thanks again

Pritch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Aqualisa Thermostatic Bar Valves in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back