Discuss Aqualisa shower cartrudge replacement in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ranger

I have just replaced the thermostatic cartridge in my shower - had to replace it as the original was leaking - job seamed straight forward - turned off hot water - turned off cold water - replaced cartridge - switched everything back on - plenty of hot water but no cold water -- checked both hot and cold to where cartridge is fitted and everything seams fine -- BUT -- no cold water -- anyone got any ideas please - thanks Ian

Possible air lock on the cold,

Take off the shower head let the hose hang in to the shower and turn on, this should help clear the airlock.

Is it pumped?

Hi there thanks for answering -- the shower head is fixed and its not pumped - Ian

What sort of isolation valve have you got on the cold is it a lever valve or a red handle one?

The cold to the shower comes from a large cold water tank in loft and the isolation valve is round and red

Probably stuck in the closed position and the head spins without turning spindle. Either freeze or drain down and replace the gate valve.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

i agree it's not unusual for these to break when you close them and try to open them again especially when they haven't been used for a while.

i agree it's not unusual for these to break when you close them and try to open them again especially when they haven't been used for a while.

Thanks everyone -- will have to wait till Monday to get valve etc and fix -- will let you all know result
Good night

Replace it with a full bore leaver valve 1/4turn, cost a bit more but less trouble than a gate valve.

I used to fit alot of mira 722/723 cartridges and what you need to watch out for when putting back control heads etc back on is that it is adjusted properly so that hot is hot and cold is cold and it can take a bit of time to do this. However as said it is possibly a problem with the cold-feed

I NEVER turn off gate valves. Not worth the risk.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I used to fit alot of mira 722/723 cartridges and what you need to watch out for when putting back control heads etc back on is that it is adjusted properly so that hot is hot and cold is cold and it can take a bit of time to do this. However as said it is possibly a problem with the cold-feed

The aqualisa ones are idiot proof. Just push it home and no issues with hot or cold. I would fully expect a gate valve failure here..........assuming of course the op has bought the correct colour cartridge replacement

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I NEVER turn off gate valves. Not worth the risk.

I am with you on that, Your best just shutting off the mains or isolation valve to the storage cistern and letting it run dry rather than disturbing the gate-valve

Bung is good, a gate valve that breaks in the closed position is a real ache.

I am going to need to get my hands on a set of bungs as i have never tried them

By bungs are we talking about those rad valve change kits you can buy?

To all who have offered advice - many thanks - everything now 'A-OK' -- valve and air the problem --

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Aqualisa shower cartrudge replacement in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Back