Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Anyone used Metabo cordless tools..... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

malcky

Aright peeps....just wondering if anyone has any experience with Metabo stuff and how they compare to other brands, prices seems good and has a 3 year warranty on the tools, chargers and the batteries.

Cheers

if they are anything like the corded drills, brilliant for starter tools. I have a 30 yr old corded metabo in the van for when all my batteries are flat. New carbons have been inserted, provided free from drapers tools who flog metabo drills etc.

if they are anything like the corded drills, brilliant for starter tools. I have a 30 yr old corded metabo in the van for when all my batteries are flat. New carbons have been inserted, provided free from drapers tools who flog metabo drills etc.

Don't own any Metabo gear but they're not starter tools, they're at least of par with Makita.

All my gear is metabo 18v li-ion, the drill is light and good at what it's meant to do, rip snorter is crap at cutting floors, better with the corded for that, jigsaws good. Metabo have just brought out there 4amp battery and it's interchangeable

Don't own any Metabo gear but they're not starter tools, they're at least of par with Makita.

I started with a metabo drill and its 30 years old now, if thats not a starter drill what is?:clap:

I have experience with Metabo corded 9" angle grinder, core drill & a SDS drill. Very solid old fashioned build & all made in Germany.
The cordless 18 volt Li- ion drills with 4 a/h batteries are very impressive build & are very compact & well balanced. Not too expensive, although Hilti are similar or cheaper price.

I had an old drill years ago found it on a site about 20 years ago it looked at least 10 years old then and I used it at home for everythink and never once gave any trouble till I dropped it off 3 story house and it still worked but housing completely smashed

I had an old drill years ago found it on a site about 20 years ago it looked at least 10 years old then and I used it at home for everythink and never once gave any trouble till I dropped it off 3 story house and it still worked but housing completely smashed

did you own a red toyota pickup before top gear got hold of it?

I have the 4.0a/h combi drill. Lasts forever. Cant remember the last time the corded bosch came out if the van

Well im glad there isnt any negative comments about them as my folks have just orderd the 4.0ah twin pack (combi & impact driver) for me to get started out with.

Linkyplumb....do you have any other Metabo tools?

Yes. I have a circular saw and a 9 inch grinder. Both have been well used, and still going strong.

I had a Metabo cordless drilll driver, the bloke in the shop told me they were these new fangled Lithium Ion batteries and would last longer and were lighter (!! of course every manufacturer has now caught up).

It was such a great drill. The switch that changed the direction was a bit odd, but you got used to it. It had a little button to show the battery strength at the back. I know that this isn't so revolutionary but at the time was brilliant.

I actually gave the drill away to an apprentice, and it was working as well as the day I bought it. I just wanted something new and was flush at the time.

Yes us sds drill/ham, very strong long life.but I do like me milwalk combi is the best one iv had, both the best brands can't go wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Anyone used Metabo cordless tools..... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I’m finding it hard breaking into the industry. I’m a trainee plumber living in London Hello, I'm a trainee plumber who lives in London who's...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I've been running an UFH installation/ repair business for 7 years now and one of my main frustrations is finding the parts for the UFH...
Replies
Views
Need some advice, neighbors sewer drain keeps blocking up every few months. My wife and I have always chipped in with the other three neighbors...
Replies
Views
We had the bathrooms replaced when we moved in 2 years ago. This involved 2x bathrooms and 1x WC. Within the first few weeks, we noticed leaking...
Replies
Views
Good Afternoon all, I am hopeful someone may be able to offer some guidance on the following. In the home we have a gas boiler (serviced...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock