Discuss Any One price fix it service for Biasi? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

axil23

I know whats wrong with it. Apparently the Heat Exchange & Pump are choked up with limescale over the years and the only way to fix it is replace the parts which are around £140 each. I am looking at a £400 quid bill for this. So was thinking of a one price fix it service. I know that Biasi offer it at £240 but they don't cover Limescale buildup.

Does anyone know what other companies might?

Or anywhere cheaper to get the parts so my Gas Safe plumber can fit it. Saw quite a bit on ebay but I am not sure what would be compatible.

The model of the Biasi -M9624SM-B2

Pump Motor BI 1262119

heat exchanger - BI 1262101

If it's the primary heat exchanger thats blocked it's probbaly not limescale, when you get it sorted fit something like a magnaclean to stop it happening again.

there is rubbish in the heating side ,get a powerflush and see if that sorts your issues out at least you will have a clean system

there is rubbish in the heating side ,get a powerflush and see if that sorts your issues out at least you will have a clean system

My guy doesn't want to do that. He says that the cheapest option would be to replace the parts. BTW what is the cheapest place to get these from?

well its a waste of time putting new parts on a dirty system as it will happen again, Parts centre will do the bits for you

If you replace the parts and don't have the system cleaned out, it will only be a matter of time before they get clogged up again. If you don't power-flush it, at least fit a magnaclean filter on the return pipe at boiler to stop any future clogging up in heat exchanger.

if your hot water is not getting hot and your rads are cold in the middle that is saying there is crud in the system. If you get the system powerflushed it will clean the boiler and pump of dirt and you may resolve these other issues imho

no one will as its down to poor maintenance, the system is contaminated and if it was looked after properly could have been prevented, depending on how bad it is powerflush or sludge remover and magnaclean

I totally Agree with Gasmarc. Your system clearly needs cleaned out regardless. If You clean it out, You might not have to replace heat exchanger or the pump. But even if you do still have to replace one of them... You will have a more efficient system... Saving you money on fuel.

just to assist you ,
my next door neighbour who rents his property out and had a biasi and has replaced the heat exchanger and pump has since replaced the boiler with a brand new boiler , he now has a new boiler with a heating system that does not work ,he has since got the system powerflushed which unfortunately did not cure his blockage which he has left for a year or 2 to get progressively worse, he paid £600 to get it flushed and tried to tell the guy it was all working fine a month ago which was total tosh, he has since had to take the floor up and replaced the blocked piped , tight git serves him right

The basic two problems are -

1. heating works and turns off
2. hot water comes hot then cold then hot

Dirt in system by the sound of it , you could get BG or homeserve to do a fixed price deal, but read the small print before hand

they would just recommend powerflush and refuse to do the fixed price repair because its sludge build up

Dirt in system by the sound of it , you could get BG or homeserve to do a fixed price deal, but read the small print before hand
First thing BG will tell you is to power-flush.... wait until you see there quote!!

they most definetely wont cover it, they will suggest powerflush at £600 pound plus part and labour to replace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Any One price fix it service for Biasi? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock