Search the forum,

Discuss Any one have a simple answer to how torbeck compact valve works in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Experts i wonder if you can help me again - with a torbeck compact valve - [DLMURL]http://www.toolstation.com/images/library/stock/webbig/11132.jpg[/DLMURL]

Basically the float valves used in virtually all new toilet cisterns -

when you take the valve apart you come across a diaphram -

Me being oldfashioned thought that when the ball rises the lever pushes in the diaphram but in this case it just shuts a air hole blocking the diaphram, - does anyone have a simple way to explain how the air blocking the diaphram causes the diaphram to push in and stop the water.

Thanks again folks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi. It works on the same principal at an equilibrium ball valve. The mains pressure is allowed through the small hole to create balanced pressure (pushing against its self) needing only a small amount of force to close the valve. Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Any one have a simple answer to how torbeck compact valve works in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock