Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Any advice to troubleshoot blank screen on boiler? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello. Wondering if anyone can throw a tip or two my way on where to look on why my boiler had a blank screen. It has happened in the past and it was a fuse but i did check all fuses and they all tested good. There is power coming into the boiler but thats it? Low water cutoff is good as well. Its a vitodens 100w Thanks for any help!

You have 120v coming into the boiler correct?

You have 120v coming into the boiler correct?
Yes there is 120v coming in to the controller but no power to the circulating pump. I have been cycling it on off a few times etc and got the screen to come on. one it displayed an E3 code then went blank. Then the next time it displayed an FD code.
E3204Burner in fault modeHeat transfer too low during calibration. Temperature limiter caused shutdown.Ensure adequate heat transfer. Press reset button R.

FD227Burner in a fault state and
additional fault B7 is displayed
Boiler coding card is missingInsert the boiler coding card. Press reset button R. Replace control unit if fault persists.

So very confusing

Yes there is 120v coming in to the controller but no power to the circulating pump. I have been cycling it on off a few times etc and got the screen to come on. one it displayed an E3 code then went blank. Then the next time it displayed an FD code.
E3204Burner in fault modeHeat transfer too low during calibration. Temperature limiter caused shutdown.Ensure adequate heat transfer. Press reset button R.

FD227Burner in a fault state and
additional fault B7 is displayed
Boiler coding card is missingInsert the boiler coding card. Press reset button R. Replace control unit if fault persists.

So very confusing
Another explanation for FD
All Viessmann boilers
Burner control unit in a fault state; system cools down; burner control unit locked out
Short circuit – Boiler water temperature sensor, burner control unit

Another explanation for FD
All Viessmann boilers
Burner control unit in a fault state; system cools down; burner control unit locked out
Short circuit – Boiler water temperature sensor, burner control unit
Not sure why I get different explanations for the code FD but here is another out of the manual
FD-Burner blocked Burner control unit fault Check ignition electrodes and connecting cables. Check whether a strong interference (EMC) field exists near the equipment (correct if applicable). Reset control. Replace control unit if the fault

Maybe the control unit? Thanks again!

Reply to Any advice to troubleshoot blank screen on boiler? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have just had a boiler, hot water tank and power shower pump replaced on advice by my plumber. I have two separate boilers, heat/hotwater...
Replies
Views
Hello The heating side of my Ariston Combi A23 has stopped working since a new 3 way valve has been installed. It's been a hugely reliable boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need to drain my vokera 29 boiler in the attic as Im going away for 4 weeks at least to make sure there are no frozen pipes. In my small...
Replies
Views
Hello. I've just replaced our old Potterton EP2 CH controller with a Drayton Wiser HubR (& peripherals). The old backing plate wasn't...
Replies
Views
Hello All My Baxi Duo Tec Combi HE error display light is not 'lit up' - it appears to be blank. My boiler hasn't worked since the weekend so I...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock