Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Aluminium covered pipe insulation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

MOSSEP

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Where do you guys source the aluminium / silvery looking pipe insulation from that you see in commercial jobs? My wholesalers seems to struggle when I mention it.

BSS on the shelf for us.

Kingspan cooltherm? Need some 50mm silver tape aswell. BSS or crosslings

Do you mean the aluminium foil covered insulation or the insulation that is then covered in dimpled aluminium sheet?

dimpled ali sheet.

You can't buy it formed.
It's produced by Thermal insulation contractors for thier own use.

You may be able to buy the flat dimpled sheet from a Non ferrous metal supplier, but you'll need all the formers to bend it and make the junction pieces.
Also you'll need the end trim pieces.

It's quicker/ cheaper to get someone in to do it.

Thanks mate, didn't realise that.

Have a small job in a plant room and the new pipework needs to match the existing lagging.

In the plant room, we just use foil stuff. Ali is external for us

Ali is external for us

All the plantrooms I see used to have Dimpled covering, but as upgrades happen nowadays it's all foil internally and butyl covered externally, except where it needs access. IMG-20140411-01363.jpg

Chilled water is shyster, the chillers and external stuff always looks a mess. The plastic wrap is good as birds can't peck it to death and it's a bit more durable than naked armouflex. Most of the "plant" rooms are like toys compared to some of the stuff others play with 90 - 200kw so a massive room with a sissy boiler in corner or a few domestic units out of wall!

DSCF6231.jpgwe use isover insolation - from bss, if its bigger jobs (non sissy 2Mw - Erm) we tin plate aswell and insulated bags over valves.

easiest money i've ever made! it helps if your clients include universities, councils and large FM companies :wink_smile:

Used to use subby. It's like tiling... Pipework can be amazing and function better than spec but crack handed lagging makes it look DIY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Aluminium covered pipe insulation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock