Discuss alternative to copper in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

dom brennan

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
hi, i am in my 1st year off college and been there for 3 weeks, i just wanted to know if there was an cheaper alternative to copper pipes just that i want to practice bending copper pipes but they are to expensive.

thanks, dom

cheaper alternative to copper is plastic pipe, but that wont help you to bend copper.
you can always practice on scrap copper
and practice with the colleges copper

i just wanted to practice at home for a bit extra practice, i will scout round for a few bits of scrap

are you doing the new diploma? what is part of it? do you do any renewable technology? do you still do lead work?

You can bend plastic barrier pipe on a bending machine, but it loses some of its shape when removed. It will give you some practice though.

jase i am doing the new diploma and we do renewable energy and we don't do lead work no more, and thanks system3

Haha, "YOU SWINE BALDWIN!" classic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to alternative to copper in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
B
Hi All, I am a 16 year old school leaver (Sept 23) looking for a local company to take me on as an apprentice plumber. I live in Benfleet and am...
Replies
Views
Billy Barnard
B
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Hi all, this is probably a daft question but I need to run my cold feed from one side of my wall mounted boiler to the other. Running it beneath...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock