Search the forum,

Discuss Altecnic Dirtmag IQ review thread in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ray Stafford

For those of you receiving Altecnic Dirtmag IQ filters to review - please add your review here.

Thanks

Ray

thanks ray,
first thought on the outside, i like the design and size (compact) but, as an injionear, i stripped it apart and thought it was one of those 'blue peter' designs!!
seen bigger magnets on my tin opener (one for improvement me thinks!) & the filter might be better using a sponge like gauze. like the price though although i did sell it at £85.:hand:

i did not like the way the brass drain-off valve rocked from side to side when undoing the valve with a screwdriver. it gave me thoughts of future failure!.
i also had no choice but to mount the filter at a 25deg angle due to the available pipes but the instructions did not clearly say plumb-bob verticle either? however, it seems to be ok.

one point to mention is the brass iso valves were of the insert compression type and not a flat flange like tf1's etc, which made it very awkward to get onto the restricted pipework.

in all. not bad for the price but it could be improved a lot in practicle design/parts aspect for little if any extra costs!.

martin reporting from the east midlands@w&co.com

ive fitted a couple, they are not great. the salus one is alot better for simular money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Altecnic Dirtmag IQ review thread in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
B
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper end of DIY and I've a couple of house renovations under my belt (my own homes) I am retired but do volunteer handyman jobs for the elderly. Not...
Replies
Views
Bob Kerr
B
Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic nut about the same size as the one going into the cistern but has a different thread. Attached is a photo. Can you advise. Thanks.
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and pebbles!) We saw that the pipe that takes water down the gutter was visibly full to the top. He said he will return with a coil to push through...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock