Search the forum,

Discuss Alpha CD50 cyclone efficacy + flushing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Arrthur

Hi

I joined the forum to get some advice on my Alpha CD50 but hopefully also other plumbing discussions…

Boiler has been in 4yrs now – was serviced last year. It was flushed out / treated on commissioning but I think the protection has probably been diluted too far with various needs to top up.
Have recently had to replace the seals on the diverter valve as well as change a leaking auto. air vent.
I have cleaned out the cyclone unit but there was little in it so wondering if it is doing what it is designed to do? (Don’t know if cleaned on last service except not noted).

I think I need to flush out the system and re-treat, to get rid of any on-going muck and have 2 questions:

1. I was wondering if adding a Spirotech Magnabooster filter (or equivalent) might be beneficial despite there already being the in-built cyclone ?
  2. If I want to flush water through the boiler is it ok to feed water through the pump rather than remove the pump? Logistically it seems easier for me to run water from the mains feed filler (fitted on the return) and run it through the boiler and out to drain. Wondering if this can be detrimental to the impeller ?

Thanks for any thoughts on this.

Arthur

The cyclone is designed to pick up any debris/ carbon scale from the system, but on the earlier models it doesnt work or collect anything due to the design of it,

If you want to fit a external system cleaner, try a Fernox TF1 or equivelent.

Thanks AlphaMan! I guess I have the 'earlier' model - could it be then that Alpha now produce a better cyclone as a straight replacement or had I better cut my losses and fit something else regardless?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Alpha CD50 cyclone efficacy + flushing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Just started gound work on self build bungalow and wondering best way to do below ground soil pipes. For toilet I was going to go straight down...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock