Discuss All pipework replaced - still little to no heating downstairs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if its a 2 pipe system i fail to see how it can be just returning without providing any heat to rads.
As I asked earlier...Is part an old 1 pipe system.
Sounds like the flow to upstairs is coming back into the flow somewhere else and not the return lol

I had an install with a similar problem, was 22mm speedfit on the first floor, the first 22mm speedfit tee off the flow blocked. Found the speedfit pipe insert had come loose and completely blocked the flow causing the same issues you have. I cut the flow and return and put a speed fit loop in connected to one rad to prove the boiler was doing good it's job and then passed it back to the installer. Just something to consider.

lol - you're probably right with the flow thing Tony! What I can't understand is why it worked for one day (the day the original plumbers left), but why the next day it failed!

I also don't understand how the flow and return pipes that I can see on the boiler are both hot, but in the bathroom only the flow is hot, while the return is cold!!!

It could have been that waaay back it was a 1 pipe system - the plumbers removed a lot of redundant pipework - but the 2 pipes above the boiler have been there since we moved in - 16 years now - so I'm assuming it's a 2 pipe system. All seems very strange to me...:ack2:

Thanks again for that Tony - I'll certainly pass on your experience to the plumber before he turns up tomorrow!

Flow and return being hot is the heat building up in the boiler and creeping up the return abit because it has nowhere to go.

Ahhhh, so it's possible for the flow to affect the return directly on the boiler side i.e both pipes hot, if the flow has nowhere to go?

Normally overheats first but it will get warm. I bet the boiler modulates down then goes off because it's sensing the return temprature

That's the thing Tony - it doesn't - and it doesn't make any noise/shut off/show error codes - it just chugs away like everything's fine! And that return pipe directly connected is as hot as the flow pipe, but that doesn't reflect on the flow/return upstairs. Sorry to keep repeating myself but it's proper confusing me at the mo lol!

Jesus, if I was local I would pop in just to see this ball ache!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to All pipework replaced - still little to no heating downstairs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock