Search the forum,

Discuss Air Admittance valve in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Morning all. Quick bit of advice, yesterady and this morning there was a musty smell in my downstairs loo. Ive had this problem before where it turned out the air admittance valve had failed. This was replaced and cured the problem, however, ever since the new one was fitted, the valve makes a gurgling sound when the loo is flushed - is this right and how some valves operate? As its only been in a matter of months i'll be surprised if its failed? Perhaps it wasnt fitted correctly? But from what i can see, they simply slot in to the pipe? I havent attempted removal yet and will do but just wanted to understand if this gurgling is common on some valves?

Reply to Air Admittance valve in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

In the photo there is a grey 32mm push fit elbow between the sink trap and down pipe. I want to replace the elbow with a "male" push fit tee attached to an air admittance valve to stop gurgling noises. I can't find a tee fitting that description, can anybody offer a solution as you can see space...
Replies
Views
S
Water nearly rises to top of pan when flushing toilet then very slowly lowers. Tried several attempts to clear any blockages, hasn’t made any difference. Would a faulty Air Admittance Valve (stuck in shut position) prevent the normal emptying when flushing?
Replies
Views
J
Hi, I am installing a new en-suite toilet upstairs in a new location , the soil stack is installed by my builder going downstairs directly and into the ground where the main sewers are. He’s installed the air admittance valve on the floor below , which is slightly below where the toilet is...
Replies
Views
Hi, I noticed some months ago that my Megaflo auto air valve was leaking so I replaced it, the replacement valve has also started to leak with a waxy residue. I recall that the original AAV had a black lid and the replacement has a brass lid, does it matter which version is fitted? Can I...
Replies
Views
Hey guys in the know. I have paid for a heating and plumbing contract and had to pay my excess 3 times for the same thing still not fixed. The issue is quite simple to repair not sure why any one of the 2 plumbers could not fix it. Why am I paying for cover. The auto air vents in part of the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock