Search the forum,

Discuss Megaflo auto air valve leaking again in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

I noticed some months ago that my Megaflo auto air valve was leaking so I replaced it, the replacement valve has also started to leak with a waxy residue. I recall that the original AAV had a black lid and the replacement has a brass lid, does it matter which version is fitted? Can I permanently remove the AAV and bleed the system elsewhere?

Attachments

• Megaflo-AAV.jpg
    Megaflo-AAV.jpg
    340.9 KB · Views: 17
What brand is it and is it specced correctly for your heating system? Pegler Prestex ones have a five year warranty IIRC. OTOH, if it's a knock off from eBay you get what you pay for.

IME, this type of AAV has never been noted for reliability. If they're not in an easily monitored position it's a good idea to fit them with an isolating valve so you can leave them working for a few days/weeks after draining and refilling, etc. and then shut them off for the other 99% of the time that they are not needed.

The condition of the system water maybe should be looked at as well, I prefer the manual "thumbscrew" type air vent that can be opened occasionally.

If your cylinder is heated by solar thermal you need a specific aav that is rated above 100 deg C, a “normal” one will fail very quickly .

Reply to Megaflo auto air valve leaking again in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock