Search the forum,

Discuss Megaflo auto air valve leaking again in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

I noticed some months ago that my Megaflo auto air valve was leaking so I replaced it, the replacement valve has also started to leak with a waxy residue. I recall that the original AAV had a black lid and the replacement has a brass lid, does it matter which version is fitted? Can I permanently remove the AAV and bleed the system elsewhere?

Attachments

• Megaflo-AAV.jpg
    Megaflo-AAV.jpg
    340.9 KB · Views: 17
What brand is it and is it specced correctly for your heating system? Pegler Prestex ones have a five year warranty IIRC. OTOH, if it's a knock off from eBay you get what you pay for.

IME, this type of AAV has never been noted for reliability. If they're not in an easily monitored position it's a good idea to fit them with an isolating valve so you can leave them working for a few days/weeks after draining and refilling, etc. and then shut them off for the other 99% of the time that they are not needed.

The condition of the system water maybe should be looked at as well, I prefer the manual "thumbscrew" type air vent that can be opened occasionally.

If your cylinder is heated by solar thermal you need a specific aav that is rated above 100 deg C, a “normal” one will fail very quickly .

Reply to Megaflo auto air valve leaking again in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have attached an image of the brass body within a tap. Having replaced a cartridge which has cured a leaking tap, I can see that there is a small leak from the brass body which can be unscrewed. Is there a seal behind the body? Thanks.
Replies
Views
Hi Does anyone recognise the make/brand of the radiator valve. It leaks when closed and Iam hoping I can replace a seal etc?
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock