Discuss Advice starting new career in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
First year about £5K, second year doubled.

I wouldn't like to say who's best for insurance as quotes vary considerably depending on what other cover you want such as tools, accident etc.

No disrespect but croft has done ok
You do no need qualifications you need customers and tools and a van and some money in the bank before you even start looking at getting qualifications.
I do not know croft but I am pretty sure he would say the same

How do you suggest getting customers with the relevant skills? Surely we cannot advocate charging clients for skilled work by unskilled labour?

Is it wise t spend £1,000s on van tolls advertising etc without any skills or work?

Jimbob where are you with ur career now, av you managed to get into the plumbing industry doing the fast track. I dnt see any otherway into plumbing but dnt want to waste alot of money and still av no idea, I'd really like to go into fitting pv solar panels.

Jimbob where are you with ur career now, av you managed to get into the plumbing industry doing the fast track. I dnt see any otherway into plumbing but dnt want to waste alot of money and still av no idea, I'd really like to go into fitting pv solar panels.

youll need the C&G 2399 qual. to do that you need to be a plumber

why dont you try your local college?

have you read the posts on becoming a plumber on here?

Local college is full, And fitting Pv solar panels you just need to be mcs accredited for customers to receive the feed in tariff.

This is course iv been looking at, includes 10 week doing course the 8 week on placement to gain NVQ.

Level 2 qualifications attainable are:

• City & Guilds (6089) NVQ Level 2: Plumbing
• City & Guilds (6129) Plumbing Technical Certificate
• Key plumbing Principles
• Cold water Systems
• Central heating systems
• Above ground discharge systems
• Effective working relations
• System maintenance and de-commissioning
• Health & Safety
• Bathroom planning & system design
• Hot water systems
• Sheet lead work
• Environmental awareness
• Common plumbing processes
• IOSH Working safely

Level 3 qualifications attainable:

• BPEC (Level 3) Solar domestic Hot Water Heating Systems*
****o Introduction*
****o Solar collectors*
****o Hot water storage and key installation issues*
****o Preparing to install a solar heating system*
****o Plumbing layout and a design of solar*
****o Fitting solar collectors water heating systems*
****o Control & power requirements*
****o System commissioning and handover to client
• BPEC (Level 3) Energy efficiency – Part L of the building regulations (2005)
• BPEC (Level 3) Unvented hot water
• BPEC (Level 3) Water regulations

Why not look at areas within the trade that require less training and understanding. An E.G. being. Zinc roofing, which seems to have rocketed over the last few years leaving a vacuum of skilled people . Plenty of training available and at good rates. Within a year your up and running and earning a nice few quid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Advice starting new career in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Another newbie in the forums. I’m a 33 year old and after having worked in the Graphic/Web Design industry for around 8 years, I worked a few...
Replies
Views
A
Hi all, Happy new year! Hope this is OK in this part of the forum. Been a plumber for about 12 years now, mostly commercial stuff with some...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I'm sniffing around what to expect of getting a job in plumbing. My job makes me redundant at the end of September. The whole warehouse...
Replies
Views
Hi, need your honest views if you would be so kind. I’m 48 and work for the NHS (office based) and earn 44k a year. Ive been do fustrated and fed...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need some urgent advice. I've Just come home after going out for evening, to discover hallway floor and kitchen floor covered in water. On...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock