Search the forum,

Discuss advice please new boiler fitted no power flush done. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pinklady54

Hi all, i need advice as what to do please.A registered compny fitted nw boiler, and rad stats.
Theysaid they did a powerflush earlier in morning .
I know theydid nt at all.
I asked for empty bottles: the registered engineer searched his van as partner had done it apparently.
no bottleswere found anywhere ; i noticed th partner sitting in iver seat,
he bent down put something in door trim pocket then got out as the regisered engineer was screaming a him where are they.
Partner wet tolook a back ofvan Ient to drivers door LIQUID was leking under the door to floor:
I looked inside it the the fernox bttle leaking out ndanother was in door poket the FERNOX 1 INHIBITOR= new bottle.

This prooved they had not flushed or put in Inhibitor.
They left nearly running a neihbours child over as were on the driveway.

Headoffice calls me and says ned to make appt to put in correct FLUE as too short,
I told the not power flushed,.
THEY DO NOT BELIEVE ME; stroppy.
UNTIL I SAID I HAD the FERNOX 1 BOTTLE new and UNOPENED.
I also HAVE 1 radiator hanging off the wall, pulled away so plaster has big hole there.
#SHOULD i report to TRADNG STANDARDS?

gET another enginer to finish job?

IF I DO THS WILL I STILL GET MY GARUANTEE or not?
HAVE PAID HALF as they wanted it up front.
AWFUL SCENARIO CANNOT TRUST A GAS SAFE REGISTERED ENGINEER
thanks

best thing to do is calm down, talk to the company on monday and see how things go, as your post doesnt make that much sense at present.

Sorry seems like a rushed job. Refuse to pay until you are happy. Or until at least the contract has been satisfied

Get a fernox testing kit and test the water whilst the main man is on site watching you.

So they left in a hurry almost killing your neighbours child? That means they have no intention of coming back, yes? Why would you pay the balance as the job is not finished? Keep the balance. If they come and finish the job, then pay. If not, get someone else to complete. It may cost you more, buy you'll have peace of mind.,
But as has been said earlier, I'm having difficulty understanding your post.

Get a fernox testing kit and test the water whilst the main man is on site watching you.

Contact fernox on Monday for a testing kit or get one from your local merchants. Inform the company of what your doing, don't pay the balance until you've tested the water with the testing kit or you've physically seen the engineers flush the system.
The testing kit will confirm if inhibitor has been added and should also tell you magnetite levels (sludge). It should be below a certain level. By informing the installers your doing this it will give them nowhere to go. And they'll no they're not getting paid without doing it properly.

]

CANNOT TRUST A GAS SAFE REGISTERED ENGINEER
thanks
Solid advice :lol:

How do you know they didn't do a powerflush? Inhibitor is nothing to do with powerflushing.
I have about 5 full bottles of inhibitor on my van, does that mean i'm not putting it in systems??

I dunno, but if you're anything in real life like what your original post portrays, I'm not surprised they drove off in a hurry.

Pinklady turned to us for help and advice as we're in the trade. She's clearly upset as her expectations don't seem to have been met and the company in question appears to be demonstrating poor customer skills.

What she hasn't done is ask us to speculate on her character.

I have full bottles and empty bottles on the van. But the empty ones dont have the lttle sticker on the bottle any more. They come in handy for bleeding oil.

You are in a good position, write to them explaining the issues (stick to facts and facts only). State in the letter that you will get the water tested. Also state in the letter that if they have not completed the remedials within xx amount of days then you will employ somebody to carry out the works and use the money you havent paid to get this done. Then pay them whats left over.

The above will only work if you are being honest in your first post. Difficult to judge when you only hear one side of the story. But facts over emotion will win the day.

Can you upload a photo of the new flue? If the flue is indeed too short and it's not just an excuse to re enter your house then this could be a safety issue.

The balance of the job money wise must be a fair amount, sure for a few quids worth of cleaning products and inhibitor they would be happy to come back and finish the job?
Good luck getting them back :)

As already said, full or empty inhibitor bottles don't mean anything. Most of us will have both on the van at some point. However, taking the time to talk to customers, answering their questions and allaying any fears they have is as much part of the job as powerflushing. If the installers were 100% happy in what they'd done, they would have confidently stood their ground in my opinion.

However, as advised, it's best to keep emotion out of it and stick to facts. You can ring or email Gas Safe Register and ask for a FREE inspection of the installation by a Gas Safe inspector. Tell the company you plan to do this, it's only common courtesy.

Sounds like the engineer poured a full fernox inhibitor into the drivers door card just to be able to show an empty bottle to the customer! This is pretty bad practise! I doubt someone who does not add inhibitor to there system went to the effort of Powerflushing it first!

Was the customer there all day? It may have been performed but you did not see it!? It's a pretty big process with all the machine & hoses set up, you would have noticed I imagine...

Sounds like the engineer poured a full fernox inhibitor into the drivers door card just to be able to show an empty bottle to the customer! This is pretty bad practise! I doubt someone who does not add inhibitor to there system went to the effort of Powerflushing it first!

Was the customer there all day? It may have been performed but you did not see it!? It's a pretty big process with all the machine & hoses set up, you would have noticed I imagine...

Van is going to stink! Perhaps the senior told junior to do it, junior fogot and rather than say he poured it out. Had an engineer pouring inhibitor down sink to show empty btl before.

Drain a cup full if rad water off u can smell and tast inhibitor. Fernox has a fishy bouquet

HE drove off in Hurry AS he the driver realised I had the FErnox bottle the only one in the van, the other bottle he had left empying at drivers door into the road, The GASSAFE Engineer with him had esarched the entire van fr th bottles - nowhere to be found.
Plus no need to be rude; as hard to explain Cheating Peoples actions.
I willBuy test KIT first thing i rning FILM the hole operation aND prove That I am correct.
THanks or all advce here Best Wishes for Xmas.

Hi yes it was included , as was new thermostats, L/S, inline descaler, Magnaboost, pipework, bonding,
and inhibitor.

flue to short

Can you upload a photo of the new flue? If the flue is indeed too short and it's not just an excuse to re enter your house then this could be a safety issue.

Hi, I do have pctures but cannot upload my usb port is broken
FROm the outside of house there are PLASTIC bags stuffed around the nose cone of the Flue ,the part with air vents is not visible., as to short.

Hi pinklady - I have just now read ALL the posts above from yourself and my trusted
friends on UKPF - we are really quite good at what we do & all give our time on here
for free.

If you want to let us know where you are i am sure there will be more help available
you are not the 1st property owner to doubt your fitter by a long chalk on our forum CHK

customer was present 1 hour after they arrived

I stayed all day, at the property,. After i arrived 1 hour Later a length of hose was put outside flat door!.
This was metioned to me when theyleft DID younot see the pipe, yes after I arrved and nothing else.

The GAS SAFE registered fitter stripped his ownvan out IT HAD NO EMPTY BOTTLES ANYWHERE,
only in drivers door where his partner had put them the only 2 bottles in whole van.

I spoke to GAS SAFE ON FRIDAY I have his mobile number the inspector
He cannot MAKE appt FOR ANOTER MONTH AS SO BUSY.

So should Iust get them to come back fix proper length FLUE , boss had said to me on phone ,
most of hiseginers carry extensions;
SUrely they are different to each boiler?

WILL a power flush put rubbish in a brand NEW BOILER Voiding the 10 yr Guarantee? Please

You don't need to test or buy a kit.

dont pay them until they prove to you they have added inhibitor. Your installer seems to be missing a bit of customer relations.

Ok, But I'm still in the dark with a power flush being done LATER to my Brand New boiler =
Will it not put rubbish into it? please.

sorry cannot upload the pics of flue
THERE are Plastic bags stuffed around the FLUE, on outside of house,the end of flue where vents are is not visible as too short.
BENCHMARK was Completed and LANDLORDS SAFETY CERT given. to me.
Even though the flue is SHORT cannot reach outside brickwork

If the flue's too short as you say both them documents are invalid.

Do not turn the boiler on.

If the Magnacleans fitted you won't be getting much debris or sludge into the heat exchanger. Get them back Monday and talk to them face to face. They could have lost the inhibitor bottle and just emptied one as you were so insistent.

DO NOT USE YOUR BOILER until the flue is sorted.

SW16 ? call in Pilmlico Plumbers they will sort it out CHK
and keep the retained payment and then sue for the rest
- by the looks of things it will be no contest CHK

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to advice please new boiler fitted no power flush done. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock