Discuss ADVICE PLEASE MINIMUM CLEARANCE ON A COMBI FLUE in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Il be honest, I would not be happy with that as a finished job.....
Brick work is horrendous and he’s clearly got the flue too close to the soffit and fascia so cut it to comply with the min 25mm. It’s hard to see exactly how close it it, but I wouldn’t say it’s “condemnable”!

The Pressure relief pipe also needs to face into the wall, not straight down!
Potentially 80+degree water sprayout... needs to hit the wall to cool and dissipate the flow!

Stu.

Agree with above, looks a mess but apart from the prv, it is technically safe. How is that condensate fixed? Hard to tell on the pic but it looks like the 1 1/4" elbow is just hovering over the condensate pipe. Is there actually a reducer in the fitting?

Agree with above, looks a mess but apart from the prv, it is technically safe. How is that condensate fixed? Hard to tell on the pic but it looks like the 1 1/4" elbow is just hovering over the condensate pipe. Is there actually a reducer in the fitting?

Air gap but look like the elbows moved as there is a rough cement line where it was

Hello
I know I have had other issues as well. I was very disappointed with the work that was done. With hindsight I wish I had used someone else but I trusted this person.

You learn by your mistakes.

Thank you again for all your advice and commnents
It’s great to get some sound. professional and impartial advice.

Much appreciated
Peter

3C9CD49B-4CEC-4103-A1E8-454D2F34DE4A.jpeg
BF2C4F0E-C5BA-49B0-B617-DD93250F8117.jpeg
C91BBC54-2ABA-46F4-A193-5F74828A6C51.jpeg
F5EF48AE-B93E-47D0-ABFA-1CCE094133A2.jpeg
A526C358-346E-4AF5-A7D5-DCF83C1AAE3B.jpeg
0C2978D5-789D-48D9-A931-DB99E7899296.jpeg
Sorry was driving these are some pics it was a bit messy as I am doing some work to the flat

The 2 pictures of the hole is
Where I had taken one of the reads off to plaster. He had just left the hole in the wall where the old heater was. Same in the other bedroom.
As I said I have had several issues.

@scott_d intergas and ideal flues look the same, but I couldn’t say if they are the same, I’ve never compared the two side my side!

It would be interesting to see the inside install, but I don’t think the OP will want even more criticism to worry about!! :confused:

Stu.

Last edited:

Reply to ADVICE PLEASE MINIMUM CLEARANCE ON A COMBI FLUE in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, We have 28 year old Valiant Combi Boiler in our Bungalow airing cupboard, where the vertical fan flue goes up into roof. As you can see in...
Replies
Views
I have an Alpha Intec boiler installed on my loft wall. The flue goes horizontally from the top of the boiler and passes through the wall, exiting...
Replies
Views
Hi can i get some advice, does the facia and soffit of the house class a eave, as the flue coming out of the wall is more then 200mm from the eave...
Replies
Views
Hello Everyone I have an intergas 28/24 combi boiler which is three years old. I have the central heating set at 75 degrees and I have the...
Replies
Views
A number of issues have been raised from a boiler replacement. Boiler not operating and with no pressure. Tile damage Sprawling pipe layout in...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock