Search the forum,

Discuss Old Combi Boiler Firestop Advice please in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,
20230221_154733.jpg

We have 28 year old Valiant Combi Boiler in our Bungalow airing cupboard, where the vertical fan flue goes up into roof.

As you can see in photo, we need a firestop plate,
A) for fire safety
B) Hopefully seal around pipe may stop warm air travelling through gap into roof space, and causing condensation, although not sure how hot that pipe gets to be honest

Tried Google search, but wasn't made any wiser I guess I need something which fits to the ceiling which I can put around the pipe in 2 halves.

Please could someone point me in right direction, as to what I need to order and roughly how its fitted.

Thanks

Thanks mate, so I basically need something similar to this which will fit my flue pipe, or are they all standard diameter?

Should be stnd that one fits 100mm od dia

Reply to Old Combi Boiler Firestop Advice please in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

PLUMBING ADVICE NEEDED Combi boiler in our house, downstairs water seems to be piping hot. Upstairs basin, bath and shower only ever seems to be lukewarm - so much so that no one even wants to bath as it never gets hot enough! Open to suggestions as to what it might be and if anyone can...
Replies
Views
Hi. I recently had a renovation done. My builder installed a new Combi boiler instead of my system boiler. He connected the pipework to the digital pump. He did not inform us that we would need a new processor because we had changed to a Combi and subsequently a valve blew. Should my builders...
Replies
Views
J
Boiler broke over Xmas and needs replacing and I’m tempted to move away from our 1985 gravity fed system and get a combi as many other parts of that auger appear to be at the end of their life and need replacing. Our flow is 16l/min so not enough for unvented but we like the idea of a combi as...
Replies
Views
Jack Canfield
J
My daughter lives alone in a 3 bed semi in the west country. The house is 20 years old. The central heating and hot water are provided from a Glow-worm gas boiler working in conjunction with a Boilermate 2000. The central heating pipework is microbore. In view of the age of the boiler and...
Replies
Views
Home owner looking for some advice pls. We have a megaflow system which we are considering removing as the tank takes up a lot of space and we don’t find we are using more than one shower or bath at a time. Our plan is to do this when the current boiler needs replacing (probably in the next...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock