Search the forum,

Discuss Flue distance from facias in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi can i get some advice, does the facia and soffit of the house class a eave, as the flue coming out of the wall is more then 200mm from the eave but only 20mm away from soffit and facia. Would it still need to be a distance of 200mm or would it be 75mm same as guttering and drain pipes? Getting mix answers

Hi can i get some advice, does the facia and soffit of the house class a eave, as the flue coming out of the wall is more then 200mm from the eave but only 20mm away from soffit and facia. Would it still need to be a distance of 200mm or would it be 75mm same as guttering and drain pipes? Getting mix answers
Can you post a photo, please? The soffit board is normally attached to the underside of the eaves so I'm having difficulty visualising you can simultaneously be 200mm from one and 20mm from the other.

Should be 200mm from soffit the flue must be extended beyond the facisa and any over hang gutter etc and have a clearance of 25mm from the overhang/gutter
External flue joints should also be sealed, ie suitable silicone.
Follow mis

Best place to look is in that particular appliances installation manual, that way you can’t get it wrong. Plus, checking the manual before installation is a good habit to get into.

Reply to Flue distance from facias in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are considering buying a house which currently has a 20 year old Ideal Icos boiler, so we're factoring in replacing the boiler soon. Current boiler is on an external kitchen wall with the flue going straight out. However, it's positioned in between a door and the kitchen window, quite close...
Replies
Views
My installation has been classed as Dangerous 'Do not use' by my boiler manufacturer. I have an Ideal Logic 30kw Combi boiler mounted as high as can be on the kitchen wall. Flue exits out through the wall via an elbow but emerges above a flat roof. Unfortunately it's somewhat less than the...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, few years off doing the work but I like to plan. Can a soil stack be rerouting away from the house, over an extension roof? Reason to avoid internal stack from ceiling to floor. Quickest 30second sketch attached. I'd presume any horizontal would have to have the appropriate fall, new...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'ts been a while but its time to call on you guys for some help and payback with a peppering of advice across the forum. I've got your typical ideal classic replacement: side exit flue small high cupboard Etc. I'm looking at regular boiler replacement and would normaly go for a baxi 600...
Replies
Views
Morning all, as always can never find an exact existing thread / discussion where I don't feel like I'm making one too many assumptions. Can I get a quick sense check on the below, always wanting to work 1 step ahead, eventually planning to add an en-suite to my existing loft conversion. Got...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock