Discuss ADVICE PLEASE MINIMUM CLEARANCE ON A COMBI FLUE in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Good Afternoon

Please can anyone confirm what the minimum distance the top of the flue pipe should be from the eaves and guttering if the flue is extended so the end of the flue is past the fascia and gutters and releases any gasses
into the open air. I have an Intergas 28/24 combi boiler
In the manual it says that minimum distance from the eaves is 200mm and gutters 75mm, but these measurements apply to a wall terminal and not a flue that is not extended beyond the fascia and gutters.

I have been told that on Valliant boilers the minimum distance in this scenario is 25mm.

Any advice will be much appreciated. The boiler has been fitted by a gas safe engineer for two years and I worry the clearance is not correct.

Thank you
Peter

25mm normally aslong as it’s past the front of the gutters

If not anywhere from 200-300 mm

As Shaun says but here's the proof to put your mind at ease

Screenshot_20190309-121308.png

Hello Shaun
Thank you for your swift response. It should be ok then but the engineer cut it into the fascia board when fitting it so I have always been concerned and it doesn’t look good . I think he could have lowered the boiler when he fitted it but took the easiest option .
Thanks again
Peter

I see it every day and it niggles you when you see it. But the chap who installed it assured me that it was ok. But I have wanted to change the soffit boards so I was always worried there wasn’t enough clearance but it should be ok now.
Yes I do over analyse things :)
Thanks again

Reply to ADVICE PLEASE MINIMUM CLEARANCE ON A COMBI FLUE in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, We have 28 year old Valiant Combi Boiler in our Bungalow airing cupboard, where the vertical fan flue goes up into roof. As you can see in...
Replies
Views
I have an Alpha Intec boiler installed on my loft wall. The flue goes horizontally from the top of the boiler and passes through the wall, exiting...
Replies
Views
Hi can i get some advice, does the facia and soffit of the house class a eave, as the flue coming out of the wall is more then 200mm from the eave...
Replies
Views
Hello Everyone I have an intergas 28/24 combi boiler which is three years old. I have the central heating set at 75 degrees and I have the...
Replies
Views
A number of issues have been raised from a boiler replacement. Boiler not operating and with no pressure. Tile damage Sprawling pipe layout in...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock