Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Advice on Unvented Cyclinder not enough for 2 showers in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

I have a Bosch unvented cyclinder (fitted last year) and it works great but only has enough pressure to run one good shower at a time. The shower pressure also drops when the toilet is flushed. We have good water pressure to our house and i believe the cylinder PRV has been set to around 3 bar. Ive noticed we do only have a 15mm mains pipe feed the house although the plumber has used 22mm pipe where he could to feed the Mains water into the cylinder.

The only thing i can think of trying is to increase the pressure by adjusting the PRV however as this is already at a good pressure (its certainly at least 2 bar judging by the shower pressure we get when run on its own) im not sure this will help. Any advice?

Thanks

Marc

You need to check your incoming flow and pressure
Make sure the internal and external stop tap is fully open
Have the cylinder serviced and check any strainers are clear

We need a few more details, please. What do you mean by a 'good shower'? (How many litre per minute and for how long?) What is the size of your unvented tank?

We need a few more details, please. What do you mean by a 'good shower'? (How many litre per minute and for how long?) What is the size of your unvented tank?
Hi,

Im not sure of the tank size but its huge and definitely has enough water in it. The issue happens right away so its not an issue with the size of the tank.

By a "good shower" i mean we used to have a 3 bar shower pump before the unvented cylinder. the shower seems to have a similar amount of power now so is absolutely fine on its own. However if you put 2 showers on the pressure significantly drops in both showers.

By a "good shower" i mean we used to have a 3 bar shower pump before the unvented cylinder. the shower seems to have a similar amount of power now so is absolutely fine on its own. However if you put 2 showers on the pressure significantly drops in both showers.
Please describe the pipework that goes from the cylinder to the showers. What diameter (e.g. 15mm / 22mm / 28mm) and length is the section that will be 'shared' when both showers are operating? A couple of photos would be helpful.

And please answer the question about how much FLOW in litres per minute gives you a good shower when just one is operating. Measure this by timing how long it takes to fill a container, such as a jug, of known size.

What’s your incoming pressure and mains cold water ?

pressure ?
Pressure with another outlet open ?
Flow ?
Flow with another outlet open ?

Reply to Advice on Unvented Cyclinder not enough for 2 showers in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock