Search the forum,

Discuss Advice on ECO scheme boiler model - Baxi or Ideal? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HelenHome

I'd really appreciate a knowledgable opinion on which is the better ( and most reliable) boiler out of these two models - a 'Baxi megaflow 15' or an 'ideal logic 12 heat only'.

After a 4 month process 'I have been offered both at a somewhat reduced price via the ECO boiler replacement scheme so my choice is limited between just these two. I have a two bed flat with one bathroom and a fair use of hot water for the washing machine. I'm replacing a very old baxi bermuda back boiler. Both recommend a system boiler keeping existing boiler in place (blocked off) and also original cylinder.

I would need to pay more for the Baxi system.

Currently have no heating so any advice you can give much appreciated!

Ideal every day on heat only. We install lots and lots and lots of Baxi, ideal valliant and now some Worcester .

Not sure on baxi/wouldn't have ideal even if fitted for free,vaillant 415 heat only are good if on sealed system ,but if you need a boiler on an scheme why don't you try everlasting boilers(a shade greener) they do Eco scheme I think but are cheap on a monthly rate.also I think you get a 10 year warranty on everything worth a look a mate

id go for the ideal.

get the back boiler and liner removed and fireplace bricked up or a gas or leccy fire fitted as back up heat source.

I would go ideal all day, How much is the reduced price ?
I really appreciate all your feedback - I'm a bit out of my depth as you can probably tell.

Meady, it seems like the grant covers the price of the boiler but I have to pay something toward fitting/peripherals. Am thankful for the grant of course because I don't know what I would do otherwise! it looks like approx £700 all-in for the Ideal and approx £900 to fit the baxi system.

I thought I might buy some inhibitor for them to put in - in case they don't do it as standard...?

Inhibitor is a must. Sentinal 100 is good stuff or you could phone up the boiler manufacturers and they will tell you which one they recommend. Also, make sure the installers flush your system otherwise your warranty could be void!

I would go for the ideal great boilers don't take any notice of jay jay as for everlasting boilers more like everlasting HP :sorcerer:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Advice on ECO scheme boiler model - Baxi or Ideal? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock