Discuss Adding some new skills in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon the real money's going to be in renewables. Solar panels, ground heat source etc etc. iff your kept busy doing plumbing and heating, you won't earn any more money because the rate is no higher. But renewables, who knows?

Yes your right , I have done a fair bit of electrics before but like you said can't sign it off, seems easier running cables rather than pipes but I'm sure it has its shed factors to it as well

Have a look how much an electric course will cost, offset that against how much your sparks cost you, then add in the cost of self certification over a couple of years you will make more money.

Yea that's a fair point it's basically costing Money not having the electrics lol

I also agree renewables is the way to go, but I would do electric 1st then go on to renewables.

Another for renewables. Do it now get good at it get well known for it before everyone else does. Having said that I still have a potential 40 years left in the industry long enough to see renewables really come into their own. If I had say 10/15 years left I probably wouldn't be so eager to do it

Yea I've got a long while yet as well I'm 28 , I think electrics first then renewables for the future

I want to do electrics but not sure which way to go.
Main reason is that you can't get a reliable one down here. The one I have used takes 2 weeks to get back to you with a price!!!!

Electrics is a good idea; oil or biomass is a nice addition if you have of the grid customers.

Personally I dont intend jumping on the renewables bandwagon myself, I just think its a big con, the UK makes less than 2% of the world cO2 emissions, yet has the highest ''green'' taxes. Okay renewables are a good money spinner but iam just not a beliver haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Adding some new skills in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
The UK Government has today been told to do better when it comes to Heat Pumps and Hydrogen Boilers. A watchdog for spending has said that the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm installing a new radiator and just getting round to adding the tails. The one with the heat control went on ok but the other made a single...
Replies
Views
My daughter bought her first home and was hoping to convert to gas but its not available in the area, so thinking a boiler upgrade is the better...
Replies
Views
Hi all, sorry about the long post but a novice here looking for some advice... I've just bought a 12 bedroom private house with 3 bathrooms that...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm new here! I've bought my first house - needs a fair bit of work doing to it, including the plumbing. I'm keen to do stuff...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock