Discuss Adding some new skills in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

ballandco

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Thinking of adding some new skills to my plumbing and heating business, want to offer my customers extra services was thinking adding electrical or renewables - solar thermal , heat pumps, rain water harvesting etc , simple question which would you think is more worth while investing in ? I know renewables are the future but not keen on mcs I hate paperwork and putting more money in the governments pocket, I have heard that the manufactures have ways around mcs if your fitting there products , they register them for the grants for some sort of fee ??. On the other hand being heating engineers I think getting our heads around renewables will be easier than learning electrics (brand new trade) . What do you reckon will be more useful and profitable ?
Does anyone fit any renewables at the moment ? How you getting on with it?
Thanks for replys

Intrigued with this thread mind if I tag along

Of course not matey I'm interested in what people say - what do u reckon?

Who does your electrics for you at the moment?

I've got an electrician that I get to do my work at minute and he does pass a bit of work back , but no where near what I give him

Then 1st thing is do the electrics, means you save paying that out every time something needs doing, you can then take that with you into other areas, I.e. Renewables, oil, solid fuel they all need electric and someone to wire them up.

That's a good point , there have been a few larger projects I would of liked to had both plumbing and electrics

If i was branching out as such then it would be electrics.

Not trying to play devil's advocate, but how much in the way of qualifications would a plumbing and heating engineer need. In order to say put in a new consumer unit as an example. I would feel confident doing that now (based on experience with the electrician I use) however, I cannot sign it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Adding some new skills in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
The UK Government has today been told to do better when it comes to Heat Pumps and Hydrogen Boilers. A watchdog for spending has said that the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm installing a new radiator and just getting round to adding the tails. The one with the heat control went on ok but the other made a single...
Replies
Views
My daughter bought her first home and was hoping to convert to gas but its not available in the area, so thinking a boiler upgrade is the better...
Replies
Views
Hi all, sorry about the long post but a novice here looking for some advice... I've just bought a 12 bedroom private house with 3 bathrooms that...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm new here! I've bought my first house - needs a fair bit of work doing to it, including the plumbing. I'm keen to do stuff...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock