Discuss Adding a booster pump to a secondary system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I think the point is this doesn’t add up. The cylinder that we’ve seen the top of will not have the capacity to feed three bathrooms I can’t believe this has ever worked

Are you a plumber?

No, and have never pretended to be on here. I have a building contract company and have a plumber that is away over Xmas. Needed to see if I can get hot water pressure in short term before putting in an invented system.

Will the cyclinder not work due to the capacity?

Should be fine if you run one bathroom at a time but won't last with all 3 going at the same time less than 5 mins on full load

My advice would be get G3 qualified engineer in after the festive period as this isn’t fixed just with a pump in fact you are exacerbating the problem and using up hot water even quicker. There’s much more to it

This is the comment I made earlier. Sometimes the only option is an expensive one. What is the pressure both static and dynamic? you need this info before you know if unvented is viable and recorded at different times of day and especially at times of high usage in the area. You may need an accumulator too. The answer can be quite complex and there are lots of things to take into consideration that may not be obvious to none plumbers. The hot water has been under gravity for years and then you are pressurising it and this can lead to problems not caused by but exposing issues that have been there for ages.

Reply to Adding a booster pump to a secondary system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Silly question (and might already been asked 100rds of time) - I am specifying a circulation pump for the hot water secondary (circulation) return...
Replies
Views
My central heating is run off a heat pump ( air to water ) quite expensive to run , So I’m plainning to fit a wood burning with a back boiler to...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for a water pump to pump water from a storage tank at a constant 3 bar pressure. It's at a campsite I run that's at the bottom of...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Central Heating Pump - G Pump Force HE-RS25/6PWM-130 Hi, I would be grateful if someone could explain whether our CH system can cope with the...
Replies
Views
Hello friends - I really struggle to understand my heating and hot water system I posted my question on Diynot but it ended up being five pages...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock