Search the forum,

Discuss About cheap, compact electric heating taps in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

As an alternative to traditional tankless heaters, aliexpress sells a variety of cheap taps incorporating a heater, for example:

US $20.2 49% OFF|ATWFS Instant Tankless Water Heater Tap Instantaneous Faucet Kitchen Water Heater Crane Instant Hot Water Faucet Digital EU Plug|hot water faucet|kitchen water heaterheater tap - AliExpress - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32351508889.html
[IMG]

This looks too good to be true, looking at the compactness and at the price. Hence I was wondering if anybody has any kind of feedback/opinion about such products, for example with respect to safety, durability, doing what they promise, or any aspect.

Thank you!
PS: I'm in UK, if that matters.

Due to Coronavirus I would give it a 2m wide berth.
Does it have any approval to be used in U.K.?
Why not get one and see at that price, could be a useful product to have up sleeve for those distant cloakroom/utility jobs...

Bare in mind that is an American product designed for their electricity at 120 volts 60 Hz. I am aware of nothing similar in the UK. I would not be tempted if I was you and as above I would certainly not install that into our electrical systems we have over here, its not rated for our power.

Oer - never seen those before - and so cheap (probably means nasty too)

Be interesting to know if they claim any UK / european product standards?

Thanks for all the replies, now I'm even less sure than before ;-)

Guess the key is that all the EU/UK safety standards won't apply for stuff coming through aliexpress (I heard that the buyer is the importer and this somehow makes this possible/tolerated). The point is that buying on internet one is never sure this is not the case, probably.

Thanks for all the replies, now I'm even less sure than before ;-)

Guess the key is that all the EU/UK safety standards won't apply for stuff coming through aliexpress (I heard that the buyer is the importer and this somehow makes this possible/tolerated). The point is that buying on internet one is never sure this is not the case, probably.

If its your home - then its up to YOU if you want to take a risk

If its for a customers home - would you really fit this carp?

Forgot to say: it's for a friend's home, so something in the middle.
And probably I'll look for something else :)

Unless you are fitting this for free your "friend" is a customer ........ and then if it were to go badly wrong they will be looking to your PL insurance ..........

Reply to About cheap, compact electric heating taps in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I have changed the 3 port actuator Honeywell head however this doesn’t seem to have solved the issue, does this mean that the programmer is faulty? Or is...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock