Discuss a reliable van in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

dom brennan

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
hi guys i was wondering if anyone has got any apprentices with vans, I'm after a small one transit connect size,and what insurance are they with. I'm 18 and got 1 year no claims and no speeding fines or points and I've been getting quotes 10grand+ which is really annoying because until i have a crash or a speeding fine they can't really say I'm a liability.

Also which is a good van to buy a good reliable one I've got about £7000 to spend what do you recommend. I've got a fiat 500 at the moment on hire but its really not suitable been using it for the past year and its driving me mad.

Astravan? Very good if you can manage your space. Worked out of one for ages.

Get an old Vauxhall combo, great wee things, not fancy but economical and pretty spacious.
Was my first van went we started up :)

I've been looking at them even the corsa van but the insurance triples because its classed as a "van" i said to the guy on the phone whys this he said because its a commercial vehicle but is only the same as a car.

I know a few heating engineers who work out of estate cars, maybe give that a go until your insurance comes down?

Stick your mom as a named driver on your insurance.

Having a woman in your policy brings it down loads.

My van insurance is just over £700 quid a year, it's nearly a grand if my moms not on it :)

£700?? How old are you?

I pay less than £300! (for a 2.2 turbo 09 Transit)

£700?? How old are you?

I pay less than £300! (for a 2.2 turbo 09 Transit)

Who are you with? Mines about £350 and I'm an old git with loads of Ncb.

Stick your mom as a named driver on your insurance.

Having a woman in your policy brings it down loads.

My van insurance is just over £700 quid a year, it's nearly a grand if my moms not on it :)
Agreed, having my bird on mine knocks about £500 off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to a reliable van in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Folks, advice needed here... I am a 51 yr old leak detection engineer/plumber 2 years into self employment which i am loving. To get going I...
Replies
Views
We have recently moved into a property which has a Worcester Greenstar Highflow 440 Standalone Combi gas boiler. This appears to be a relatively...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, For those who like a long read but I could rally do with some advice. Might be a bit long this. For background. A...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a hot water cylinder which feeds 3 outlets (kitchen sink, basin in bathroom & bathtap) which has never had very good pressure (probably...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a leak on the live side of one of my rads, in the GF loo. Its a condensing combi system, the house is only 5 years old, so fairly new...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock