Discuss a life changing chance in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rob251764

Hello everyone,
My name is rob marsden i am new to the forum, at the moment i am working in the security industry i am 22 years old. My dream is to be a plumber have my own business etc specially in today’s climate it seems the way to go but i have to many commitments for the traditional apprenticeship route so i am looking into paying for a intensive course.. i have been on many websites and still i am confused to which ones are actually legit and which ones are not i know there is many posts on here about courses but just thought i would ask for well your advice.. If anyone has been in the same situation as me then would be nice to hear from you and see the routes you took.. Anyway hope to hear from some people soon

R.Marsden

hi, im in a simialr situation im 27 and looking for a career change in to plumbing/gas. i looked for days/weeks at theses fast track courses and training providers that offer all the qualifacations and to be honest the best thing ive found is to go to college and study there its more cost effective and you will learn so much more than on these fats track things, some people will say there great and thats up to them but in the long run you will save yourself a small fortune and get good tuition, and if during it you decide its not for you then what have you lost? not 5 or 6k.

hope this helps

thanks for the quick response, i also looked into the college route and although this is the traditional and often more respected method of entry into the industry it just takes far to long. I am a quick learner so hopefully will be able to take on enough knowledge in a fast track course to further my knowledge in the field. thanks for your response though and i hope it all works out for you.

I would recommend trying to get an apprentice, imo there is no quick way of learning other than through experience. I currently do one day a week at college doing level 2 plumbing and although the theory they teach (which you do need to know) is great the practical is for me learnt on the job. But having said that I'm sure there are people on here who did a fast track course and are doing fine either way again I say experience is the best way of learning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to a life changing chance in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi there, I am currently in the forces looking to leave in the next year or so. i have a level 3 apprenticeship in electrical and mechanical...
Replies
Views
Hello Plumbers/Gas Engineers, Excuse if this question has been raised but i am in a slight dilemma and for the past 2 weeks the internet has not...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I am a plumber with 6 years experience, I have my own business and have and NVQ level 2 plumbing qualification, I’m also OFTEC qualified...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, before I start I appreciate I may be on a hiding to nothing here but here goes. I spent time working as a tradesman with my Dad...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I am leaving the forces after 23 years shortly and want to retrain as a gas engineer, growing up in a trades household I was pretty...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock