Search the forum,

Discuss Fast track gas safe courses in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all. I am a plumber with 6 years experience, I have my own business and have and NVQ level 2 plumbing qualification, I’m also OFTEC qualified and that has been the bulk of my work but I am now fitting a lot more gas boilers (under supervision) but I really need to get my gas safe qualification but I’m struggling to do a crash course on this. They all seem to take a lot longer and Need portfolios After an intensive course at the training centre which takes 5 weeks where as I don’t feel I need all that training. Does anyone know for a fast course for someone who is more advanced than just a plumber?

How fast would you like it to be?

I’m not sure I’d BPEC operate on the self cert system and will give you the qualifications just because you tell them you can do it 😁

Just kidding...
there’s a fair amount you need to be assessed on, pipe sizes, flue calculations, purge volumes, etc etc.. and that’s just scratching the surface, 5 weeks is really fast track imo, if you think getting qualified is just about chucking boilers on the wall you are in for a shock

Best of luck finding one

As far as I know they've stopped all the short cuts into A.C.S. other than the fast track courses and as above you need at least that time to stand a chance.
I don't believe you can escape the Porfollio at all, but that shouldn't be a problem as you do gas work under supervision now.
It shouldn't be hard for you to get whoever you work with to sort out the work for the portfollio and sign it off.

You need to speak directly with a test centre, it's ultimately they who decide who passes and fails, they may be able to do an interview / short assessment to see how much you need to do.

Reply to Fast track gas safe courses in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock