Search the forum,

Discuss 32mm MDPE to 2 x 22mm? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All,

Having a new extension built, the water main from the street has been replaced with 32mm MDPE.

Currently have a 15mm pipe that feeds the house from the stopcock and get interaction between appliances (shower drops flow when washing machine fills etc) - shower is fed straight from combi.

What is the best way to distribute new pipe through the house to reduce interaction between appliances.

My thoughts are to use 2 x 22mm pipes - one straight to the boiler and the other to supply everything else (reducing down to 15mm or even 10mm)

We will have 3 bathrooms (doubtful that they will be used at the same time) - I want to future proof as much as possible for when or if we upgrade to a bigger boiler and / or pressurised cylinder etc

Any advice?

32mm to 28mm plasson adapter.

28mm to unvented (if that's the way you go) with a 28mm balanced cold. Use a 28mm pressure reducing valve to maintain flow rates.

Then appropriately sized pipes to outlets, with 22mm to showers if they require high flow rates.

Reply to 32mm MDPE to 2 x 22mm? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

L
We're in the process of doing grounds work for a new garden office, and unfortunately my go-to plumber is away and uncontactable at present. We need to lay a MDPE pipe for a cold water (only) supply for a WC and basin, as well as a second pipe to bring a bore hole feed up to a higher level in...
Replies
Views
Hi all, we're doing some renovation work to our property and we wanted to install a sauna house (includes shower) in the garden, irrigation system and outside tap. I've ran a 25mm MDPE from the inside utility room where the main stopcock comes into the house. I originally thought that it was a...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am in the process of renovating a property and have the floorboards up installing cabling etc, however it is the plumbing that I have to question and would like some advice if possible. The issue has been bugging me for ages as the house is my later fathers and I have always wondered...
Replies
Views
A
Hi all - hoping to get some advice here on a plumbing issue in our house. When we are showering / filling the bath and another appliance draws water (toilet cistern filling after flushing, tap being turned on or washing machine filling etc), the water pressure / flow to the other appliance...
Replies
Views
Azonic
A
Hello all, Currently suffering from poor internal flow rates near the internal 20mm stopcock of 10L/min. Want to upgrade system to either unvented cylinder or large storage combi to feed 5 bedrooms/1 bathroom/1en suite. Affinity water have confirmed supply pipe to the boundary stopcock is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock