Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss 2 mapp bottles vs large propane bottle in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

eddiebrown424

does anyone have a view. I need to solder a couple of 54mm joints on copper. Ive done his before with 2 people, each with a mapp bottle but it still takes a time. Would it be quicker if i used a large propane bottle, hose and torch my thinking is that a larger area would get heated.

thanks

Eddie

Last edited by a moderator:
2 mapp torches, one in each hand, then put one down and pick up the solder while working the heat with remaining torch :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 2 mapp bottles vs large propane bottle in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have an old Glow Worm Fuelsaver 40B Mk 2 installed on the kitchen wall. In November, the heat exchanger began making a kettling noise. It’s...
Replies
Views
After having a few issues trying to solder some cooper pipe, I had a surf around looking what kit is favoured today. After viewing a few videos I...
Replies
Views
Some pictures first to illustrate my Question (I understand as new poster I can't yet put them in direct). Outside picture: Photo by Roy_6666...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm retired, thank the God's, so now my time is filled with hobby work and avoiding real work at all costs :D I recently got into...
Replies
Views
Admins: Apologies: Can you please change post title to "Part 2" This post just for interest/comment so please only read if you have spare time...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock