Search the forum,

Discuss 1st Day At School in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydebruyne

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Today was my 1st full day of jobs out on my own!! (Well, only 6 jobs - but half of them I had to collect / return keys from estate agents).

Today had me doing very basic things: ublocking sinks, fixing taps, adjusting radiator valves, investigating leaks and the like.

Was it overly technical? No. Was it difficult? Not really. Did I enjoy myself? *nodding* f*** yeah! I loved it..

I also decided to carry my own stock in the van. Mainly for me. I wasn't going to but I figured if I can fix a problem there and then, then for the custard's sake why not!? It also makes me look good to the firm and it makes me feel great knowing the problems sorted.

Today is the first day I felt a little worth in my new found career and it gave me a taste of things to come!!! :)

Now off to celebrate my late mum's birthday before work again tomorrow!! Have a great halloween everyone!!

Well done Jay, it's great when you enjoy your job , it makes for a great work environment and customers will see that, Onwards and upwards,

Well done Jay hope every day turns out as easy like this for you ...regards Turnpin:punk:

Well done! Make sure you are paid for the van stock you use...

I doubt I'll bother - it's only sitting in the flat gathering dust so may as well put it to use. It's a means to an end ;)

Rule No.1 Jay.......nobody gets out for nowt......unless they really need the help.....thats my downfall.

You're all right, and I know you are, but right now all I'm concerned with is learning and building my confidence and skill (and making some pocket money until I feel confident to say I need more money). Until then I'll do whatever it takes... I know I'm on the bottom rung of the ladder, but I'm not afraid of working my way up it ;) (ok sometimes I am but I do it anyway) lol

I doubt I'll bother - it's only sitting in the flat gathering dust so may as well put it to use. It's a means to an end ;)

You're all right, and I know you are, but right now all I'm concerned with is learning and building my confidence and skill (and making some pocket money until I feel confident to say I need more money). Until then I'll do whatever it takes... I know I'm on the bottom rung of the ladder, but I'm not afraid of working my way up it ;) (ok sometimes I am but I do it anyway) lol

You paid for it - you should charge it back. Your boss would have to pay for it anyway so you're not costing him any extra. In fact you're saving him money by not having to travel to get parts.

I understand what you're saying about doing whatever it takes but you need to draw the line at actually costing you money to go to work.

You paid for it - you should charge it back. Your boss would have to pay for it anyway so you're not costing him any extra. In fact you're saving him money by not having to travel to get parts.

I understand what you're saying about doing whatever it takes but you need to draw the line at actually costing you money to go to work.

Yeah, maybe your'e right Masood.. Maybe I'll tell him what stock I'm carrying before I use it.

Good on ya mate...I'm really pleased for you. Keep enthusiastic.

Glad it's going well jay. I remember job satisfaction... Just about!

Oh...the exuberance of youth...

Keep up the good work, enjoy yourself and learn.

Cheers everyone!! Oz, I wish I had youth on my side but unfortunately I'm just a late starter at 37 lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 1st Day At School in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, I’m new to the forum and joined specifically to try to get an answer to my question. I have an 88yo mother-in-law who is recently widowed and her 90yo husband who has since passed insisted on doing everything for himself. Nothing wrong with that but now that he has gone my wife...
Replies
Views
J
Hello, hoping someone can advise me. My boiler stopped working - no hot water or central heating. Called out a company who came and assessed the problem as being that the hot water element in the immersion tank needed replacing. (I don't know exactly what it is called as the company has still...
Replies
Views
Johnno1966
J
J
Hello, hoping someone can advise me. My boiler stopped working - no hot water or central heating. Called out a company who came and assessed the problem as being that the hot water element in the immersion tank needed replacing. (I don't know exactly what it is called as the company has still...
Replies
Views
J
Replies
Views
Hi, I've not posted for a while, not a plumber, but a keen DIYer who likes to try and do things without bodging if I can. Basically I'm wanting to create a cloakroom toilet in our utility room, theres already hot and cold feed so thats one job made slightly easier, thankfully. The problem I'm...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock