Discuss 15mm or increase to 22mm? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tapdancer

Hi,

My company is fitting out a restaurant with new toilets. The hot water in this section is currently supplied by 15mm to 5 draw off points. The new toilets are in a different area about 5-10 meters away and will bring the draw-off points to around 9.

Should I be looking to increase the 15mm pipe from the cylinder and boiler to 22mm? Doing this all the way will be logistically very difficult as the cylinder and boiler are in a completely different area and have lots of other things coming off it.

Or can I increase the 15mm pipe that I've got up to 22mm (or even 28mm) and run it to the new toilets (about 5-10meters run), then have tees reducing down to 15mm at each draw off?

Would this give me better pressure or would the pressure only be as good as the 15mm that's supplying it?

Thanks

Think you need to get the office to redesign the pipe work, just hope all 9 units are not used at the same time,what's the total distance from cylinder ?

Is 'my company' yourself or are you employed. If the second then i would do as your told. If its the first then you need to rethink.

You need to make a float at 22mm and reduce down to 15 on the last draw off.

Way I've always done it anyway

Very simple exercise.

What appliances / fixtures is the hot water servicing.
Flow rates from each appliance / fixture.
What pressure do you have available.
Is the water to be mixed / tempered?

Open a book - read a chart.
Open a book - get a calculator - follow the equation ( putting in your figures )

There your difinitive answer.

Very simple exercise.

What appliances / fixtures is the hot water servicing.
Flow rates from each appliance / fixture.
What pressure do you have available.
Is the water to be mixed / tempered?

Open a book - read a chart.
Open a book - get a calculator - follow the equation ( putting in your figures )

There your difinitive answer.

Skip me 'old china'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 15mm or increase to 22mm? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Back