Discuss 1/2" FIP connection to faucet in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

J

Jason_INO

I have this connection on both of my laundry tub supplies and they are leaking right away. This is what plugs into the faucet connections.

Because of the black part I thought this was a compression fitting, but with the amount of leaking I am thinking I need paste. I've cranked it down pretty good because it is not getting better. I've done my fair of connections like this and have never had an issue, so maybe it's not what I think it is.

Thanks for any help.

Reply to 1/2" FIP connection to faucet in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

In short: Do suppliers sometimes list BSPT as BSP? I need a tee, 22mm each end with a BSPT in the middle for an expansion vessel to dangle from...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I've joined the forum today as I've found myself going round in circles with what I think might be a pretty simple problem, hoping...
Replies
Views
Hello. My bathroom sink faucet is leaking and I would like to replace the hot ceramic disc stem cartridge (Sepco watermark 15) . I was able to...
Replies
Views
I've got an issue with the shower tray not being totally flat. As you can see from the photos, it is about 7mm out at one side. It's leaning...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I purchased a SharkBite ice maker connection kit. The kit came with an adapter to connect 1/4" (3/8" OD) PEX to 1/4" compression fitting. I...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back