Search the forum,

Discuss Bathroom sink faucet part in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello. My bathroom sink faucet is leaking and I would like to replace the hot ceramic disc stem cartridge (Sepco watermark 15) . I was able to remove the 2 connected parts (IMG_4132). About a couple years ago, I was able to separate the stem cartridge (IMG_4133) and unknown part (IMG_4134) on the cold side. I purchased Sepco watermark 15 stem cartridge and was able to replace the leaking cold one. Now, the hot side is leaking and want to do the same. However, the 2 connected parts on the hot side are too tight and difficult to remove. I tried using 2 locking wrenches and WD-40 but still stuck so I gave up.

So, I was thinking of just replacing the entire 2 connected parts on the hot side but do not know the part name and number. All I can see on the part (IMG_4134) is Sepco.with no other model number. Can someone tell me what this part (IMG_4134) is called so that I can try to replace it along with a separate stem cartridge. I understand this is an older model faucet so may be hard to find parts. So, I was also thinking of purchasing a new faucet set just to use replacement parts but noticed that many don't have the similar parts. The reason I want to avoid a whole new faucet is because I am able to install the 2 connected parts from the top of the sink as the part beneath the handle (IMG_4140) just screws tight instead of using special tools under the sink. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_4131.JPG
    IMG_4131.JPG
    449.5 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_4132.jpg
    IMG_4132.jpg
    337.6 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_4133.jpg
    IMG_4133.jpg
    366.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_4134.jpg
    IMG_4134.jpg
    490.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_4140.jpg
    IMG_4140.jpg
    362.4 KB · Views: 3
Heat the part up will be easier to undo be careful as you’ve used oil might flame off first

You could try putting it in boiling hot water for 10 mins

Reply to Bathroom sink faucet part in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

D
I’m wanting to replace the single handle cartridge on my basement shower since it no longer allows hot water (sink in same bathroom works fine). I have turn off the water main (at the sidewalk), cold water intake to water heater and opened up all other faucets in the house. However, the shower...
Replies
Views
DIYSAM
D
Hi, I’m looking for guidance to access the cartridge of a leaking single handle bathroom faucet. It has no visible markings on it to determine manufacturer. I see how to remove the handle but question the 2 metal rings which are part of the faucet. Do these need to be removed to access the...
Replies
Views
S
I've attempted to replace the waste plug but couldn't get the nut undone but not the sink is leaking at the waste pipe connection. I've unscrewed the large white cover and where the pipe connects with the metal sink part it is leaking, I separate the 2 parts - would plumbers mate work or is that...
Replies
Views
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise coming from my copper water pipes when no water is being used? It basically sounds like the noise you hear after the water shuts off when your toilet bowl...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know please what kind of fitting this is? I have hot cold wallmounted faucets for a bathroom basin. The original taps (pictured were not gripping and slipping around the pipe)I was told by a plumber that he couldn't find any similar taps with a fitting like this (some sort of...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock