Discuss Worcseter CDi Conventional Boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Danv44444

Hi Guys, I got called to look at the above boiler last week because the boiler would not stay ignited. The Flame kept fluctuating then eventually went to lockout. I phoned Worcester technical and tested evrything as they said but still couldnt find anything to fix it.

In the end the customer paid for worcster to come out and fix it for £250. The customer isnt very technical put said the worcester guy said it was something simple.

Have any of you guys ever come across this with worcesters before. I checked the gas valve, fan, Flue and cleaned the heat exchanger.

Any help for future reference would be appreicated

Hi Guys, I got called to look at the above boiler last week because the boiler would not stay ignited. The Flame kept fluctuating then eventually went to lockout. I phoned Worcester technical and tested evrything as they said but still couldnt find anything to fix it.

In the end the customer paid for worcster to come out and fix it for £250. The customer isnt very technical put said the worcester guy said it was something simple.

Have any of you guys ever come across this with worcesters before. I checked the gas valve, fan, Flue and cleaned the heat exchanger.

Any help for future reference would be appreicated

Hi pal
2 things condensate partial blockage.....but an FO code along with EA is more likely the electrodes, especially at 5 year old, on the old 40HE ( model before you could access a menu which indicated a converted micro amps value for 0 to 3, when a 0 or 1 was indicated electrodes needed a change)
CDi does not have this feature open to us, but Bosch engineers can see this value with the lap top.......part around £25 ish + vat, one thing ensure you get the modded part it has an additional metal flat gasket (heat shield) they also require changing more often on LPG.

Thanks Vern, I did take a look at the electrodes, they looked ok? is there anything i could have done to test them?.

Thanks Vern, I did take a look at the electrodes, they looked ok? is there anything i could have done to test them?.
Nah....it's metal fatigue, the ionisation probe is sometimes a giveaway, it becomes tapered and the end and sometimes green!
Did you set up high and low fire with an FGA.? 9.7% high and 9.1% low, if they go below 8.6% co2 on low fire with anything but a good electrode set they can lock out for fun.

No i couldnt really use the fga for anything as the boiler would only fire for 2 or 3 seconds at a time whilst fluctuating up and down.

No i couldnt really use the fga for anything as the boiler would only fire for 2 or 3 seconds at a time whilst fluctuating up and down.
Ensure condensate trap is clean on these, as will do the same fault also, did it make a hooting noise whilst firing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcseter CDi Conventional Boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a customers trianco burner that starts from cold ok for a few minutes (say 3minutes) then locks out then will not stay on. Boiler had not...
Replies
Views
In our Village Hall we have a Ideal Concord CXS/SD40/H central heating boiler. This was installed new when we had an extension built and the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can I pick your brains? My boiler is often reluctant to start, sometimes it does, sometimes it seems that it will if the demand is from the...
Replies
Views
Hello, I've previously had an issue with my boiler pressure getting too high with the central heating on and needing a reset. I had a gas plumber...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I have a Worcester Danesmoor 20/25 oil boiler which is causing me lots of heartache and grief. About 3 months ago it locked out and...
Replies
Views
Back