Search the forum,

Discuss Worchester 24i shower issue cold in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

have had the 24i since we moved into our property 5 years when we moved in flow rate was rubbish so had the secondary HE changed, just before winter getting similar symptoms lose of pressure and intermittent hold cold issues , so replaced the HE again, solved all the taps and bath intermittent problems, shower was ok for a few days but now it’s cycling intermittent hold cold. All other taps and bath( which is on sale pipes as shower) are fine.

Any ideas? Thanks

Plumber mate did first, me and plumber mate did second one, he can’t understand issue changed shower mixer for me which made things a bit better for a while , my only thought is the mixer is scaled up and not “calling” for hot water.

Is he gas safe first off. If you can’t suss it out I’d suggest Worcester’s fixed price repair.

Well I’m sure you can appreciate we don’t give DIY boiler advice to non gas safe engineers. If he’s struggling get him to register on here and we’ll lend him a hand

Here you go

image.jpg

Just to clarify it’s not the heat exchanger in the actuall boiler it’s the one at the bottom at the back dhw? I think .. apparently they scale up in hard water areas really quick
Yep. And just to clarify you had to take the case off to get to the plate heat exchanger. This means you have to be gas safe registered mate.

Just to clarify it’s not the heat exchanger in the actuall boiler it’s the one at the bottom at the back dhw? I think .. apparently they scale up in hard water areas really quick

Yeh I know and both plate and main hex are easy to clean without even taking them out. Never had to change a plate hex on them boilers.

I’m thinking the issue is with your shower mate, if all others are ok. Could be the inlet filters if you live in a hard water area, it could also be a thermostatic valve replacement, or even a collapsed shower hose. As for the boiler, I’d leave it well alone unless GSR.

Reply to Worchester 24i shower issue cold in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello! Im Martyn Im new here and have joined for some advice on a couple of things. Ive got an issue with a Mira mixer shower that has increasingly become harder to operate. The shower was installed before I moved into the house. Basically what happens is that I turn the shower on so there's...
Replies
Views
Hi Guy's, Looking for some advice on an issue I have having with a recently installed thermostatic mixer shower in my ensuite. Everything was working fine for a coupe of months however now the valve has started misbehaving which is resulting in having to turn the temperature valve round further...
Replies
Views
Hi all, can someone get to the bottom of this before I call a plumber, en suite shower started leaking from the mixer bar so took the shower off and capped it off for the time being, fast forward 3 months the same thing in the main bathroom, that one is leaking from the mixer bar, (no issues...
Replies
Views
Hi am wondering if I can get some advice on this issue. Shower was working fine until Saturday when the dial only works when turned to cold water side and hot water side doesn't work. Other shower works fine and all taps have hot water coming out. Just wondering if get some on advice on what...
Replies
Views
Hi I've seen a previous thread that is closed now regarding this subject but the end result I could not see. Our Shower runs hot for 30 seconds then cold. I have changed the thermostat and it still runs cold after 30 seconds. If we run the hot tap it is better but at best, luke warm. We have a...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock