Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester Oil Heatslave 20/25 Thumping / Knocking Noise in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

s7e

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help.

I have a Worcester Oil Heatlslave 20/25 that has started making a fairly loud knocking noise and the the pressure gauge flicks a little when the noise thumps. The hot water still works, I've turned off the heating for the time being.

Any ideas on what the issue could be?

Thanks for any help.

Cheers,

s7e

Could be a pump issue the heat generated by the boiler is not being transferred into the heating circuit also check any zone valves are opening. šŸ˜‰šŸ‘
Again Thanks - think the boiler has finally met it's end, lot's going wrong with it and old, any thoughts on what might be a good replacement?

Cheers,

s7e

Hounsfield are great boilers, but dont do a combi.
My choice would be a hounsfield and an unvented cylinder if pressures/flow allow.

If you really want a combi then first on my list would be Firebird, but the slimline version as it operates on 2 pumps.

Second choice would be Grant.

And I wouldn't touch a worcester with a barge pole. Absolute crock of brown stuff.

Reply to Worcester Oil Heatslave 20/25 Thumping / Knocking Noise in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no issue, however, when running the heating the pressure drops. Im looking for some ideas on what could be causing this. I have no sign of pipe leaks...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I have changed the 3 port actuator Honeywell head however this doesnā€™t seem to have solved the issue, does this mean that the programmer is faulty? Or is...
Replies
Views
Hi bit of a weird issue, I installed a grohe bathroom tap successfully 2 months ago bought from screwfix. Last week the right hand hot tap makes a squeak noise as I turn it on or off, left tap is 100% perfect and noiseless. This grohe tap is like one unit, so no screw notch or way I can remove...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock