Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester Oil Heatslave 20/25 Thumping / Knocking Noise in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

s7e

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help.

I have a Worcester Oil Heatlslave 20/25 that has started making a fairly loud knocking noise and the the pressure gauge flicks a little when the noise thumps. The hot water still works, I've turned off the heating for the time being.

Any ideas on what the issue could be?

Thanks for any help.

Cheers,

s7e

Could be a pump issue the heat generated by the boiler is not being transferred into the heating circuit also check any zone valves are opening. šŸ˜‰šŸ‘
Again Thanks - think the boiler has finally met it's end, lot's going wrong with it and old, any thoughts on what might be a good replacement?

Cheers,

s7e

Hounsfield are great boilers, but dont do a combi.
My choice would be a hounsfield and an unvented cylinder if pressures/flow allow.

If you really want a combi then first on my list would be Firebird, but the slimline version as it operates on 2 pumps.

Second choice would be Grant.

And I wouldn't touch a worcester with a barge pole. Absolute crock of brown stuff.

Reply to Worcester Oil Heatslave 20/25 Thumping / Knocking Noise in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

T
Hello, I have just moved in to a new flat this week and have a problem with noise coming from somewhere around the top of the boiler. It's a loud clicking/knocking sound that lasts about a minute, stops for 20-30 seconds and starts again. It seems to happen at night, starting in the evening...
Replies
Views
Hi there, My boiler (Worcester Greenstar Ri) has started making a soft knocking noise when it turns on, and again a few times when it turns off. I've attached a short video of the sound. It isn't constant, it seems to happen within the first 10 mins of the boiler starting up, then you won't...
Replies
Views
Hi guys and girls, the fan on my Heatslave 20/25 doesn't start, I've had look and cleaned fuel filters etc and everything that should be clean is clean, fan blades have been cleaned and it moves freely by hand. When I try the boiler I can only hear the ignition clicks. I'm thinking I will need...
Replies
Views
Desperate for some help! Be a life saver of someone can help as suffer from a high intolerance to noise. Moved into new house 1940s (copper pipes) and having serious issues with banging pipes only when central heating is on. Not when running taps We have a wall in living room that has stop tap...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm dealing with Vaillant Ecotec 824 R1 in one flat. The boiler make a very loud noise when central heating is on - this is random and occurs mostly at night. I'm sharing video showing the problem: So far we changed: 1. Expansion vessel 2. Pump 3. Water pressure gauge - analogue sensor...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock