Discuss Worcester Greenstar 25si in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

leafsta

Hey there,

recently purchased the above combi long with the dt20 programmer without realising that this programmer actually goes onto the boiler.

Im after a thermostat to go in my lounge but as a complete noob with heating have no idea as to work out what ones are compatible... Also, what cable must I run from the boiler to where the thermostat is to go??

Worcester bosch do a lot of plug in wireless controls, you can then have the programmer in the boiler and a wireless thermostat in your lounge. A Worcester DT20RF would suffice.

Worcester bosch do a lot of plug in wireless controls, you can then have the programmer in the boiler and a wireless thermostat in your lounge. A Worcester DT20RF would suffice.

Correct me if im wrong, but I already have the DT20 programmer which fits onto the actual combi which means to but the DT20RF would be a waste of money now that I have the DT20?

What I was thinking is maybe getting a wired thermostat that I can put in the lounge, I can run wires no problem as the ceilings are down. If I am on the right lines then is there a cheapish thermostat from somewhere like toolstation that would work?

Thanks again

Yes most cheap thermostats would work, then you just need to remove the link from the boiler pcb and connect the 2 wires from the thermostat. Alot of thermostat are battery powered and just have the switch wires, so low voltage 0.75 cable would be okay, check the instructions to be sure tho.

dt 20 is internal timer, DT20RF is the Radio Frequency one! they also a MT10 timer and a MT10 RF which is a mechanical version, these are both wireless units that you can fit were you please in your house with the reciever plugging into the boiler were your exisiting DT20 is. they dont come cheap for wireless but probaly cheaper and less mess than a spark runing wires for a wired stat!

dt 20 is internal timer, DT20RF is the Radio Frequency one! they also a MT10 timer and a MT10 RF which is a mechanical version, these are both wireless units that you can fit were you please in your house with the reciever plugging into the boiler were your exisiting DT20 is. they dont come cheap for wireless but probaly cheaper and less mess than a spark runing wires for a wired stat!

The only issue is that I have already purchased the DT20 and returning it is not an option due to the time i have had it....

I will be able to run the cable myself as im currently renovating the house so all the ceilings are down, my sparky will then just connect them up when needed..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester Greenstar 25si in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have an issue with a Worcester Greenstar 29CDi Classic boiler. I replaced the old thermostat controller with a smart dual-channel HIVE one. I...
Replies
Views
Last May had a new Greenstar 4000 boiler fitted and only recently started using the heating. Once the set room temperature is reached the boiler...
Replies
Views
M
Advice on how to Wiring up a WR1 wireless receiver to a Greenstar 25SI boiler Have LR > C on thermostat Ls > L on thermostat Ns > N on...
Replies
Views
We have an all Vaillant setup - an EcoTEC Plus 637 system boiler plus wired VR720 and VR92 SensoCOMFORT controller, driving two CH zones plus DHW...
Replies
Views
We have recently moved into a property which has a Worcester Greenstar Highflow 440 Standalone Combi gas boiler. This appears to be a relatively...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock