Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Worcester greenstar 18ri heat exchanger/heat cell in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Plumber says the heat exchanger aluminium baffles are breaking down and blocking the pipe which he showed me,now the question is do I change the heat cell or go for a new boiler.
My boiler is 13 years old.

Can you get them out ?

I probally could trouble is im not as confident as i was 15 years ago ( im 73 now)i was just trying to get some feedback on wether to renew boiler or renew heat cell.these new boilers dont seem to last that long the one i had before lasted less than 3 years.

Not worth a new hex + labour imo however there is a market for refurbished hex units, I'd consider that.

I'm not endorsing this seller, just saying they are available.

Not worth a new hex + labour imo however there is a market for refurbished hex units, I'd consider that.

don't know if I would use one but that's pretty cheap.

thanks i would have considered a refurb because when i looked at the new price it was £400+.

Worcester fixed price repair around the 275 mark will change it

Yep passed two last month due to them not being serviced properly broken the top hook of a spring baffle

Reply to Worcester greenstar 18ri heat exchanger/heat cell in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock