Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester greenstar 18ri heat exchanger/heat cell in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Plumber says the heat exchanger aluminium baffles are breaking down and blocking the pipe which he showed me,now the question is do I change the heat cell or go for a new boiler.
My boiler is 13 years old.

Can you get them out ?

I probally could trouble is im not as confident as i was 15 years ago ( im 73 now)i was just trying to get some feedback on wether to renew boiler or renew heat cell.these new boilers dont seem to last that long the one i had before lasted less than 3 years.

Not worth a new hex + labour imo however there is a market for refurbished hex units, I'd consider that.

I'm not endorsing this seller, just saying they are available.

Not worth a new hex + labour imo however there is a market for refurbished hex units, I'd consider that.

don't know if I would use one but that's pretty cheap.

thanks i would have considered a refurb because when i looked at the new price it was £400+.

Worcester fixed price repair around the 275 mark will change it

Yep passed two last month due to them not being serviced properly broken the top hook of a spring baffle

Reply to Worcester greenstar 18ri heat exchanger/heat cell in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock