Discuss Worcester bosch 30 kw heat only boiler ( conventional ) wiring issue. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

richardd

Ok I have a honeywell smartfit s plan ( 2 x 2 portvales, cylinderstat,pump,programmer ) installed from the previous install as I am only changing the boiler.

I need to connect the smartfit to the the new wb boiler . I have a live neutral and earth coming from the smarfit wiring center to connect to the boiler . The issue I have is I am not very sure what connections then go to into the boiler. I know they go into the S10 terminal within the boiler . The S10 terminal has seperate terminals Lr Ls Na . I know you have to take out the link between Lr and Ls . What I dont know is what individual terminal (Lr,Ls.Na) the live neutral and earth go within these terminal.

Example ( althought prob wrong ) Please give me the right example if possible .

Live brown goes to Ls
blue neutral goes to Lr
earth goes to Na

Thanks in advance

You need a permanent live, neutal, earth, switch live and the pump needs to be wired in aswell.

LS is perm live
LR is switch live
Neutral goes to NS I think, cant remember off top of my head.
Earth position is obvious when looking at it.

Look in instructions for pump connections as I cant remember that one without looking either lol.

On ST10 you will have connections for both a perminent live and switched live coming back from your room stat.

Connect you live and Neutral to L & N (earth is obvious and connects to the earth terminal bar in front of ST10)

From your room stat connect the live supply to LS, the live return (Switched live) back to the stat is LR and the neutral to Ns

If you want to have pump over run (recommended) then connect your pump into ST2 live and neutral

Hope this helps

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks great help.

Two more things what cable should I use that incorporates a switch live,live,neutral,earth, . Do I also need to take a permanent live from the fuse spur to the pemanent live on connections on the S10

Change of plan!
Sorry I forgot you were wiring an S plan system so you will only need to bring in a switched live from your wiring centre to Ls. This is from the orange wire connections within your wiring centre as this gives the switched live when your motorised valves operate from the room or cylinder stats.

Use brown or orange depending what cable you have. If you have a four core 0.75mm you can use the three cores for the main supply from the centre and the final core for the switched live.

Pump live can run on ST2 or be wired from the wiring centre from ST2 (power out) to a spare way within the centre and then to the pump with the neutral being taken from ST2 also (if you use the wiring centre use the neutral here or visa versa if you take directly from the boiler.

You need a permanent live, neutal, earth, switch live and the pump needs to be wired in aswell.

LS is perm live
LR is switch live
Neutral goes to NS I think, cant remember off top of my head.
Earth position is obvious when looking at it.

Look in instructions for pump connections as I cant remember that one without looking either lol.

does that mean i can leave L, N blank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester bosch 30 kw heat only boiler ( conventional ) wiring issue. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock