Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester boiler limited heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

stratplus

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Unvented set up, wireless room stat.
When programmer is set to once or continue the heating only seems to be on for a couple of hours then goes off.
The wireless stat says the room temp is nowhere near the target temp.
Programmer is set to be on all day, room stat target temp is higher than actual temp so the zone valve should open which it does but the boiler dosen't fire.
Select hot water on programmer and boiler fires up no problem.
Thought it may be the wireless room stat but the zone valve opens so would have thought that rules it out.
Any ideas?

Once the hot water had been selected and the boiler fires if turn water off and select heating then the heating works.

Some wireless stats seems to work in 10 minute periods mate, don't think cause it opens the ZV it isn't dropping out... the more i experience wireless the more i yearn for wired controls....

Are you getting 240vac on the orange when the valve is open?

Not really looked yet but are you thinking the micro switch may be sticking on the 2 port so when the valve moves over on a call its not actually opening?
Seems to be intermitent though, only seems to happen when you set programmer to once or constant ie a longer period of time.

Well if the valve is opening, you are getting voltage from the controls. But if the microswitch isn't working, then it won't give power to the boiler/pump.

When you've got a c/h demand from programmer/stat, check you have 240vac on the 2-port brown wire, this will cause the motor to move and open the valve. Then if that's ok, check if you've got 240vac on the 2-port orange wire, this is the live to boiler/pump. Also check you've got 240vac on 2-port grey, which is permanent live.

Could just need a new synchron motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester boiler limited heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I'm new here so go canny with me. Hoping that someone can help with the following concerning weather comp, it is a Worcester Bosch comfort+ll...
Replies
Views
I recently had a new 2023 Vaillant ecoTec plus 630 (30kW) system boiler installed along with a Low Loss Header (LLH) in my house. I have 21 rads...
Replies
Views
A
I have a greenstar 35cdi combi boiler that when the thermostat calls for heat. It will fire up heat to temp and then drop down to 41* on the...
Replies
Views
Nicholas
N
Hi I'm having issues with my wireless Honeywell thermostat. It's sat in the living room, set at 18C currently. It makes my Worcester Greenstar...
Replies
Views
We have an oil delivery booked for Friday but we ran out earlier today. We topped the tank with 150L from containers, bled the first boiler from...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock