Search the forum,

Discuss Woman planning bathroom! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

emmathe37th

God help me - I'm planning a bathroom. Thank God I'm not installing it. Be prepared for lots of posts asking stupid questions!

I'm sure we'll be happy to help. Welcome along

Welcome along Emma, is this your 37th bathroom?

Me thinks this could become interesting. New build en-suite? Wet room rather than bathroom? Small bedroom into bathroom? Pray its not Victoria Plumb based on other threads.
Awaiting post #2

Make sure the toilet roll holder is in reaching distance from the pan. Nothing worse than waddling across the bathroom with your pants around your ankles.

oh, welcome to the forum.

Haha cheers guys! Bought a suite from Bathstore (almost went with Victoria Plumb but avoided it last minute!)

I've been good and not got a freestanding bath or anything impractical like that.

I should probably post this in a specific forum, but the only thing at the moment that is a pain in the backside is our bath/shower situation.

I'm trying to get a traditional victorian style bath/shower mixer tap with a rigid riser for a rigid showerhead, but also with a flexible hose. I'd put a link up of the one I've found for ÂŁ600 but I'm a newbie so it won't let me post URLs! ÂŁ600 seems excessively expensive! I don't want a separate shower as we already have a bath shower mixer and it works fine - don't want to have to deal with plumbing for a separate shower!

Does anyone know if it's possible to buy a bath/shower mixer with a rigid riser, and then add on the hose with a diverter? Or buy a bath/shower mixer with hose, and adapt this to fit a rigid riser? I don't know which would be easiest but surely it's do-able!?

Remember if your on a budget cheap china looks a million dollars with good brass...

Please don't tile the bath panel and seal in any potential leaks you may have to find a few years down the line

Hi there emmathe37th welcome along , bathrooms can be stressful for you folks , some of my customers get terrified as theyre not great with computers and not sure what to order so i sometimes spend countless evenings sitting with them helping them buy online, and some just dont know what they want but we always get there in the end,

As ch4 plumbing said. You can get decent quality sanitaryware at a really good price. Then spruce it up with better taps. I would also go for a steel bath rather than acrylic.

Are you going for the heavy duty chains to hold the toilet seat down or just the bog standard ones ?

Dont let a woman design a bathroom a womans place is in the kitchen tied to the cooker.
Ima brave man the wifes away heehee

These people will do anything your hart desire's but it may bit a bit more than ÂŁ600 however it will outlast the sanitary ware. Page 8 onwards. http://www.barwil.co.uk/files/Barwil Mono Catalogue 2013 Rev1.pdf

You do realise that if your shower comes off of only a bath mixer tap it will not be thermostatically controlled & subject to fluctuations if others use water else where.

unless an under bath TMV is fitted which is now law on new installations on new builds or on walk in bath situations we fit them on new bathroom installations where old folk about safety issue

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Woman planning bathroom! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

C
Hello all, I'm preparing an estimate for a bathroom renovation in a block of flats. As always I'm trying to flag up / plan for and cost as many possible unknowns as possible in advance. One thing that I've not seen before is the ~50mm pipework connecting into the soil stack (see picture). My...
Replies
Views
Size of bathroom 230cm x 210cm Height 230cm Birmingham Area Initial problem Burst pipe underground in bathroom, concrete. Have had this dug up & made safe for now, have had affected pipe cut & put end caps on. Work required Full bathroom remove old tiles walls and floor. Renew tiling. New...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I've currently got a system boiler with cylinder and rads on s-plan. I'm planning on installing UFH in my kitchen/diner and utility/downstairs loo. My question is around mixing valves and opentherm. Do mixing valves dynamically adjust the amount of cold being mixed in response to the...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Not sure if it's a plumbers job or another trade but thought I'd ask. I am installing a new toilet downstairs next to an outside wall. There is a 3 way inspection/access chamber about 1.5 metres outside this point which I plan on going into. It has one inlet in use from the upstairs WC...
Replies
Views
Hello, We live in an 18 year old town house on three floors and have lived here from new. We changed the downstairs cloakroom and the family bathroom on the middle floor. Since then there has been a terrible smell of sewer gas in the house. This is not localised to the bathroom alone, it...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock